Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?

Default If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?

If I use the Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_1) at GEN 3 (PCIE x4) then will it take away PCIE lanes away from my graphics card (gtx 1080 ti)? I ask because I know this is what happens with the Asus Crosshair Hero VII x470 board.

Getting this information from "der8auer " from youtube who went into a full review of the Asus Hero VII

ASUS CROSSHAIR VII HERO - Everything You Need To Know! X470 In Depth Review (en) - YouTube

So will the same thing happen with the Taichi Ultimate? Using the M2_1 Slot will force my gtx 1080 ti into PCIE 3.0 @ x8 instead of x16?

I would just use the M2_2 slot but that only has Gen 2 speed instead of Gen 3

Default Re: If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?

I don't think so. I have the board with an HP EX920 in 1 and a Samsung 970 Pro in 2. The HP is running at 3.0x4 and the Samsung is running at 2.0x4. My GPU is running at 3.0x16

Thread Information