Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

Default Re: ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

where is the Virtu feature in the bios?

Quote Originally Posted by velocci View Post
    where is the Virtu feature in the bios?
    Look at section 3.5.2 (System Agent Configuration) of your user's manual. Namely, you need to enable iGPU Multi-Monitor.

see above that where it says "Initiate Graphics Adapter"? If i have a discrete card in the PCIE slot, which of those options do I choose if I want to use the integraded 2600k GPU for windows and application, but want to use my descrete video card for games? and one of the other options is "PCI/OCIE". WHAT IS OCIE?

Quote Originally Posted by onlineaddy View Post
    Look at section 3.5.2 (System Agent Configuration) of your user's manual. Namely, you need to enable iGPU Multi-Monitor.

4. Default Re: ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

see above that where it says "Initiate Graphics Adapter"? If i have a discrete card in the PCIE slot, which of those options do I choose if I want to use the integraded 2600k GPU for windows and application, but want to use my descrete video card for games? and one of the other options is "PCI/OCIE". WHAT IS OCIE?
    If you use I-mode Virtu (connect your monitor to one of the integrated display outputs), then you can use the integrated graphics for things like basic applications, flash acceleration, Windows, etc. and then your discrete GPU will be virtualized to do accelerate certain games, however, there is a whitelist that shows you the games that work with I-mode which you can see in the Virtu control panel. Also, you will have to use the correct discrete drivers and Virtu drivers in order to play any of the games in the I-mode whitelist with virtualized acceleration from your discrete graphics card.

The other Virtu option is D-mode (connect your monitor to your discrete card), and your discrete card will be used for everything, but you can utilize the integrated graphics in the background to do transcoding while you're playing a game on your discrete or doing anything else utilizing the discrete card.

So for what you are asking, the best option is I-mode but you can only play the games that are on the I-mode whitelist and you have to make sure you're using all of the correct drivers needed to run that particular game in I-mode.

You don't need to change the Initiate Graphics Adapter option in UEFI. You can leave it alone.
    Mason Winner
    ASUS Tech Support

if i'm using d-mode with my monitor plugged into my discrete card, what will be used when i'm using IE for example or any other application like MS Office 2003?

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS - Mason Winner View Post
    If you use I-mode Virtu (connect your monitor to one of the integrated display outputs), then you can use the integrated graphics for things like basic applications, flash acceleration, Windows, etc. and then your discrete GPU will be virtualized to do accelerate certain games, however, there is a whitelist that shows you the games that work with I-mode which you can see in the Virtu control panel. Also, you will have to use the correct discrete drivers and Virtu drivers in order to play any of the games in the I-mode whitelist with virtualized acceleration from your discrete graphics card.

The other Virtu option is D-mode (connect your monitor to your discrete card), and your discrete card will be used for everything, but you can utilize the integrated graphics in the background to do transcoding while you're playing a game on your discrete or doing anything else utilizing the discrete card.

So for what you are asking, the best option is I-mode but you can only play the games that are on the I-mode whitelist and you have to make sure you're using all of the correct drivers needed to run that particular game in I-mode.

You don't need to change the Initiate Graphics Adapter option in UEFI. You can leave it alone.

6. Default Re: ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

if i'm using d-mode with my monitor plugged into my discrete card, what will be used when i'm using IE for example or any other application like MS Office 2003?
    If you're using D-mode then everything is done with your discrete graphics card. The only thing that the integrated graphics will be able to do is do transcoding tasks in the background, e.g., playing a 3D game using your discrete card and then transcoding videos in the background using the integrated graphics.
    Mason Winner
    ASUS Tech Support

how do i do it so that for games i use my discrete card, for transcoding i use my igpu and for applications i also use the igpu?

PalZer0 is offline Junior Member

Having issues with my P8Z68-V Pro running the latest BIOS (0651).
    1. In the CPU configuration it lists my i5 2500K as having a ratio range of 16-33.
    2. The F12 PrintScreen function doesn't recognise my flash drive even though it's plugged in and formatted to FAT32. There's no error message saying to plug a flash drive in but my flash drive doesn't appear on the list of drives to save to.
    ASUS P8Z68-V Pro (BIOS version 3402) | Core i5 2500K (4GHz) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R DDR3-1600 CL8 (2x4GB) | Palit GTX 680 Jetstream 2GB | ASUS Xonar D2X | WD Caviar Black 1TB (WD1002FAEX) | LG CH10LS20 Blu-ray/DVD-RW combo drive | Corsair HX650 | Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 | Samsung 2333SW (23" LCD @ 1920x1080) | Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

I brought the P8Z68-V but with the TPU switch enabled it makes the motherboard completely unstable as in random reboots about every 20mins and when you run prime95 pc shuts down in 2 to 3 seconds and restarts.

Tried the auto overclock just the same random reboots and shuts down in seconds when stressing the pc are asus aware of this problem.

Im using Bios 0606

Default Z68 raid

I have a P8 Z68-V Pro with an Intel i5 and I already installed Windows 7. I want to implement RAID 1 using two 2T Hitachi drives that are installed on the Intel 6 Gb/s SATA ports. Whenever I change SATA from AHCI to RAID, it won't boot. I have found this elsewhere:

Originally Posted by Acebmxer
    You will need to make these changes. Set every thing to its default setting. (the way you installed windows). Make these registry changes, Then install the drivers and then reboot.
    Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Msahci\Start
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Pciide\Start
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\iaStorV\Start
    This is for only windows vista/7

Does anybody know, will this work? I mean, I know, YMMV, but does it seem to be workable, to you, or not?

Cheers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information