Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asus vs else

Default asus vs else

besides from asus what is the best brand you know?

Default Re: asus vs else

Acer is another brand I know that looks nice and I know that some of the problems with some of the Acer laptops I've worked on are just from wear and tear(laptop screen has colored bars and getting warm after a year and half[replaced screen and applied new thermal paste] and another Acer netbook screen was cracked from the user[from the top to the right side most likely due to no metal frame reinforcement at the top]) and some of the others die out(bad ac power adapter and replaced with OEM replacement) due to electrical problems(burned out from brownout etc). From what I know Acer is alright and it's a good option versus a ASUS if you want a better deal. Though I still like ASUS over Acer for their design and build quality.

The only time I had to work on a ASUS is when the desktop computer got infected by viruses and trashed the OS(no really the guy came by to have his computer repaired several times).

Asus is one of the best
    Phenom II X4 965 BE
    Team Elite 4gb single stick ddr3 1333
    Asus M4A88TD-M
    Seagate 1Tb 7200.12rpm 6gb/s
    Seagate 320gb 7200.11rpm 3gb/s
    Lite-on all Rw Lightscribe
    Ac3 alienware casing
    Powerline 650watts modular
    Powercolor AMD 5770
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

ahh Asus is nice.......

Every true genius is bound to be naive.......

Quote Originally Posted by Nick09 View Post
    Acer is another brand I know that looks nice and I know that some of the problems with some of the Acer laptops I've worked on are just from wear and tear(laptop screen has colored bars and getting warm after a year and half[replaced screen and applied new thermal paste] and another Acer netbook screen was cracked from the user[from the top to the right side most likely due to no metal frame reinforcement at the top]) and some of the others die out(bad ac power adapter and replaced with OEM replacement) due to electrical problems(burned out from brownout etc). From what I know Acer is alright and it's a good option versus a ASUS if you want a better deal. Though I still like ASUS over Acer for their design and build quality.

The only time I had to work on a ASUS is when the desktop computer got infected by viruses and trashed the OS(no really the guy came by to have his computer repaired several times).
    I seem to agree. Also it seems a lot of people laptop wise buy cheap Acer units and expect them to last forever. Also don't treat them with respect. With motherboards and the like you get what you pay for more often then not. But you can't go wrong with Asus!
    Been a member way to long lol ;)

Asus Laptop!!!!!!!:
    Core 2 duo 2.5
    Geforce 9500 512mb
    250 gig hard drive
    4 gigs DDR2 ram!
    64 bit Vista Ultimate and loving it :)

Thread Information