Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Issues Configuring Raid on Windows 7

psantia is offline Junior Member

Default Issues Configuring Raid on Windows 7

I bought a new Asus P8Z77-VLX. I installed my hard drive from my last system so i could easily get back up and running as i didn't want to reload windows from scratch. I originally blue screened out on the boot. However, I was able to get some help and realized i need to change the BIOS setting for the drives to IDE...so then all worked fine. However, i purchased 2 new Seagate 6gb/s drives as i want to use those to store all my media in a raid 1 format. I do NOT need my boot drive in a Raid format, just these new drives. I had this same config with my old system but used a RAID PCI card to manage just those two drives. I bought this board with the idea it had a RAID controller. However, to enable it, I went to the BIOS and changed the drive setting to RAID (from IDE) and then went to the boot are for RAID "CTRL-I" and set up my RAID discs. At this point, it started booting again, but then it blue screened out again.

First question is, can this type of configuration be accomplished with this board without having to buy a separate RAID controller?
    If so, how do I set it up to perform this way without reinstalling Windows 7?

redjamester is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Issues Configuring Raid on Windows 7

change bios back with only boot drive, get windows working. add drives if they are raw and format. restart and press the same keys to open the raid window, select which drives, type of raid, and stripe size. then select the build option and wala. once the raid is initiated you can transfer ur media.
    hope this helps.

Thread Information