Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asus cheated on me

Default Asus cheated on me

I bought a Computer Asus in a Computer Shop in Munich, Germany. After 8 months, suddenly, the screen went off and did not work anymore. I took the computer to the shop, and next day the gave it back to me, saying that the problem was the memory card, they changed it, and worked... for one week. Then, it happened again. I told them to look something else because I suspected that was not the problem. And they did the same thing again, and again, after one week, the screen went off. This time, I could not take it to the shop because I moved out of Munich. I took it 2 months later. The Warranty was about to expire 2 weeks later. I had to get upset with them, so that they would send it to the Asus Technical Center, which they said, it is in Holland. About one week later, they gave it back to me, and they said, this time it was repaired, and that the problem was the cable. But the cable, was the same one that I used, because it did not look new. So, one week later, again the screen went off. I complaint again to the shop, with whom the warranty is 2 years, and they said, that the reparation sound to be complicated, so they did not want to do anything. I contacted Asus, and told them the story, and they said, that, sorry, but I have to pay for the reparation, as the warranty was finished. But they did not repaired my computer, even during the time of the warranty. I complaint several times, sent them the documents of the dates... no chance. It is "my problem" if they did no repair it during the Warranty time.
    So, I bought an Asus, but they do not take responsibility with the reparations. If I want my computer to function, I have to pay for it. But in another hand, if they did not repair it the first time, who is telling me that now, if I pay for it, they will repair it? and still they can tell me again "sorry, your problem that we did not repair it".
    Iīm terribly dissapointed with Asus, and I would not recommend anybody to buy one. Still more, I just say to everybody that Asus is the worst option.

Default Re: Asus cheated on me

welcome to asus customer care

buy a gigabyte next timethey fix things even out of warranty
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASUS has lied to everyone. They lied about the Marvell 9128 being real Sata 3, and made a big deal about it, now they don't, but they still put that garbage on their boards.

I have also had problems with boards under warranty and they have denied repairs. I talk everyone I can out of buying Asus. Gigabyte and ASRock all the way.

Thumbs down Re: Asus cheated on me

Quote Originally Posted by odiebugs View Post
    ASUS has lied to everyone. They lied about the Marvell 9128 being real Sata 3, and made a big deal about it, now they don't, but they still put that garbage on their boards.

I have also had problems with boards under warranty and they have denied repairs. I talk everyone I can out of buying Asus. Gigabyte and ASRock all the way.

yeah!
    I love there "PCI-E 3 ready" on the side of there packages
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

will_s is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    welcome to asus customer care

buy a gigabyte next timethey fix things even out of warranty
    Gigabyte need a quality customer care dept because their products dont work :-)

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Post your detailed complaint on all social networking sites where they are present.
    Keep your post objective and avoid venting your full anger and frustration with name calling or worse.

Hopefully one of their representatives will recognize the public relations disaster that they have and maybe the right person might be able to help you.
    This applies to any hardware manufacturer when you've exhausted all other possibilities.

Most forums here have an RMA discussion banned sticky where discussing RMA problems is strictly prohibited.
    The text is similar to this:
    From now on, RMA discussion is totally and 100% banned. This is not a forum that you can use as a public stage to discredit ABCXYZ if you are having return or replacement issues.

If ABCXYZ refuses to RMA your product, take it up with them directly and not here. Any threads of such nature will be deleted and you will be banned straight away and without question.

We are here to offer an excellent resource for tech support questions, not to infect it with RMA anger and what not which is just something we don't need here.
    I don't see a problem if you objectively state the problems you had and end with a statement similar to "This is the last time I will by a product from ABCXYZ."
    Last edited by profJim; 09-13-2013 at 07:10 PM. Reason: typo
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Quote Originally Posted by will_s View Post
    Gigabyte need a quality customer care dept because their products dont work :-)
    they work fine for me,as do asus boards

but when things go **** up id rather it be on a gigabyte board because I know ill have no issues getting it dealt with,and until asus improve their customer care then ill rate them #2,great boards but lousy rma service
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CageJ is offline Junior Member

According to the first post u had only 1 yr warranty?
    Seems like bull**** to me...
    In EU you must have 2 yrs warranty with some exceptions (like notebook's/laptop's batteries). I do not know the german's law, but in my country after 3rd RMA you have to get new device or get your money back.

It took me time to be able to "swallow" the situation. It seems like, I have a one year Warranty with ASUS, but 2 years warranty with the shop. But when I complaint about it in april, they told me that "the reparation sounds complicated, so we donīt do anything, no matter if you have a warranty". Yes, a german shop, with german people, in Germany. It sounds more like in another kind of country.
    I looked in the internet for my rights, and they say that if after 2 times of reparation, still it does not work, that they have to give me the money back or give me another computer.
    When I told them about it in March, they told me that they give me nothing. And the conclusion in April, after another complain was, that "bad luck, just enjoy the garbage we sold you".
    I donīt want to accept it, but it seems like, in Germany, or you are rich, or you have nothing to do. Because I would have take a lawyer, which then, would not make sense because I would have to pay him. There is no "protection for the consumer" office here.
    In the other hand, when I complaint to ASUS, of not repairing my computer, they said, that the shop made the mistake of not sending the computer before (I took the computer to the shop, basically, once a month). Nothing about, that when the got the computer, during the warranty, that they did not repair it. Just, blaming one to each other... but the consumer pays for it.
    Profjim, I donīt know where ASUS has pages, where I can Post your detailed complaint on all social networking sites where they are present.
    I will try again in the shop...

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Profjim, I donīt know where ASUS has pages, where I can Post your detailed complaint on all social networking sites where they are present.
    I went to ASUS and selected the ASUS - Germany site. In the upper right corner of the web page there are two small icons that you can click on:

You can also go to ASUS - North America where they have 6 social networking icons.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information