Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Thanks asus!




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowda
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Thanks asus!

    AND WAITING AND WAITING........................................... ............................................Custom er services for ASUS USA YER KIDDING RIGHT! FAIL SAUCE!!!!!
    Last edited by jaggerwild; 09-15-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200



    http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowda
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Thanks asus!

    They took care of me, good bad or indifferent
    Attached Images Attached Images Thanks asus!-rog-001-jpg 
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200



    http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

  3. #13
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Thanks asus!

    So... you did finally get a new one, but it took about four weeks?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowda
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Thanks asus!

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    So... you did finally get a new one, but it took about four weeks?
    Yeah but I got a full NEW BOARD, so the waiting did suck but in the end they took care of me.......5Mhz slight voltage (+.75)adjustment. the Bois is different plus I've not used it in four months. But I'm getting happier as I go, this newer bios has all auto adjustments and there is so damn many. So new board, new CPU, new Memory, I been reading up on memory training. It helps to at least know, and CPU training. Plus i been breaking stuff all over my room :O. I was off the net for a few days, I sold my 3570K on the bay now I have a i7 3770K 8 core. only just got it in and running, but it feels good more POWA! I'll post some screenies of the new Bios, its similar to the old but looks different. Like they refined it down to size more.
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200



    http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    373

    Default Re: Thanks asus!

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    I know what they will say

    "it's user induced damage we can't accept rma"
    You're crazy, they would never lie. Just because they lied to everyone about the Marvell 9128 being true Sata 3, and then said if you want real Sata 3, don't buy a board with the 9128.

  6. #16
    parsec's Avatar
    parsec is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Third stone from the sun
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Thanks asus!

    Quote Originally Posted by odiebugs View Post
    You're crazy, they would never lie. Just because they lied to everyone about the Marvell 9128 being true Sata 3, and then said if you want real Sata 3, don't buy a board with the 9128.
    What mobo manufacture has not participated in that lie?

    Is that any more of a lie than "SATA III" HDDs that cannot even surpass SATA II speeds on sequential read speeds? There's some loophole that allows them to say this apparently.

    My favorite ASUS "lie" was after a BIOS update on my ASUS P67 mother board. Some users complained the CPU temp was "to high" when using the BIOS, so they apparently changed which sensor was used to read the CPU temperature. After updating to that BIOS (not documented of course) my idle CPU temps were sub-ambient. I don't mean like 20C or even 15C, I was seeing single digit core temperatures, in degrees C of course.

    Nothing had changed in that PC besides the BIOS update, and afterwards at idle (with CPU power saving options enabled) I would see CPU and core temperature dips down to 8C (46F.) That was on an i7-2600K and just a Corsair H60 CLC cooler. I had never seen crazy low temps like that before, using the ASUS monitoring software. I could flash the BIOS back to the earlier version, and the CPU temp would change back to normal, no crazy low temperatures. Flashed to the new BIOS again, got the crazy low CPU temps again. The joke was I could use other programs like HWiNFO64, which showed me both temps, the actual core temps, and the fake one that ASUS chose to use, they matched exactly.

    I sent ASUS support a question/message about this, which was acknowledged as received by an email I got. Never heard anything else from them again.

    I posted a thread about this in the ASUS mobo forums for my board. A few users replied they noticed that too. The sad part was most users apparently did not care, or were happy with their new CPU temperatures. There's a deeper and scary lesson in that for all of us...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    373

    Default Re: Thanks asus!

    Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    What mobo manufacture has not participated in that lie?

    Is that any more of a lie than "SATA III" HDDs that cannot even surpass SATA II speeds on sequential read speeds? There's some loophole that allows them to say this apparently.

    My favorite ASUS "lie" was after a BIOS update on my ASUS P67 mother board. Some users complained the CPU temp was "to high" when using the BIOS, so they apparently changed which sensor was used to read the CPU temperature. After updating to that BIOS (not documented of course) my idle CPU temps were sub-ambient. I don't mean like 20C or even 15C, I was seeing single digit core temperatures, in degrees C of course.

    Nothing had changed in that PC besides the BIOS update, and afterwards at idle (with CPU power saving options enabled) I would see CPU and core temperature dips down to 8C (46F.) That was on an i7-2600K and just a Corsair H60 CLC cooler. I had never seen crazy low temps like that before, using the ASUS monitoring software. I could flash the BIOS back to the earlier version, and the CPU temp would change back to normal, no crazy low temperatures. Flashed to the new BIOS again, got the crazy low CPU temps again. The joke was I could use other programs like HWiNFO64, which showed me both temps, the actual core temps, and the fake one that ASUS chose to use, they matched exactly.

    I sent ASUS support a question/message about this, which was acknowledged as received by an email I got. Never heard anything else from them again.

    I posted a thread about this in the ASUS mobo forums for my board. A few users replied they noticed that too. The sad part was most users apparently did not care, or were happy with their new CPU temperatures. There's a deeper and scary lesson in that for all of us...

    You have to pick on my asus bashing,

    I know other boards said Sata 3, but wasn't it only asus that made the big deal with the REAL posts all over the overviews, it's why I bought one. The only REAL SAta 3, True Sata 3.

    Not defending the HDD, but I think they only said interface, and I thought they did it so people would know that it would work on Sata 3. I still see people ask, can I put this on this.

    I noticed that with UEFI while running that CPU would rise, amazing you had 8c, I want 8c, give me it.

    When I told them they had no right to call it Sata 3, and why wasn't it tested before they said it. Their reply, and I swear, Quote- you need to buy a different board without the 9128.

    I almost sht, I said I bought this on false pretense and want my money back, sent it three times and never heard one word back.

    Question- With the RTCI on the 8 series chipset, does the asrock ex 11 have a internal crystal and this is why you said send it back ?

    Thanks for posting it by the way.
    And wardog, which made me check.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowda
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Thanks asus!

    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerwild View Post
    Yeah but I got a full NEW BOARD, so the waiting did suck but in the end they took care of me.......5Mhz slight voltage (+.75)adjustment. the Bois is different plus I've not used it in four months. But I'm getting happier as I go, this newer bios has all auto adjustments and there is so damn many. So new board, new CPU, new Memory, I been reading up on memory training. It helps to at least know, and CPU training. Plus i been breaking stuff all over my room :O. I was off the net for a few days, I sold my 3570K on the bay now I have a i7 3770K 8 core. only just got it in and running, but it feels good more POWA! I'll post some screenies of the new Bios, its similar to the old but looks different. Like they refined it down to size more.
    4 way HD 5770's not bad!! P38704
    ATI Radeon HD 5770 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. RAMPAGE IV EXTREME
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200



    http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •