Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Graphics problems with bios 2003




  1. #1
    mirko_47 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6

    Default Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Graphics problems

    Hi all,

    As you can see from the title I've some problem with my Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE motherboard:
    From when I've done the BIOS update from the 1908 to the 2003 version I run into the following problems:

    .1: The Lucidlogix Virtu MVP sw, does not work if I configure the iGPU as the primary graphic under bios, (I've tryed all version of the MVP, with exception of the 2.0, and all the version the I've tryed has the same problem).
    the only way to get the MVP working is set to "auto" the primary graphics; but if I set it to auto I can't see anything during the boot, 'cause the bios boot part is shown on the VGA and the OS boot on the iGPU (the monitor is connected to the iGPU).

    .2: If I set the iGPU as the primary graphics, stand-by (under win8 pro x64) doesn't work.
    Infact the voice "stand-bv" under the ALT+F4 dropdown menu were no available with this setting.
    The only way to get it work is set the primary graphics to "auto", but I don't want to do this for the reason that I've wrote above.

    .3: Virtu MVP (this time only the newer version, the 2.1.226) does not recognise the licence.

    So did you have any idea, that it isn't to rollback and flash the 1908 bios, which gives me some stability troubles, to fix this problems?
    Last edited by mirko_47; 09-11-2013 at 05:33 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowda
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Graphics problems with bios 2003

    Quote Originally Posted by mirko_47 View Post
    Hi all,

    As you can see from the title I've some problem with my Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE motherboard:
    From when I've done the BIOS update from the 1908 to the 2003 version I run into the following problems:

    .1: The Lucidlogix Virtu MVP sw, does not work if I configure the iGPU as the primary graphic under bios, (I've tryed all version of the MVP, with exception of the 2.0, and all the version the I've tryed has the same problem).
    the only way to get the MVP working is set to "auto" the primary graphics; but if I set it to auto I can't see anything during the boot, 'cause the bios boot part is shown on the VGA and the OS boot on the iGPU (the monitor is connected to the iGPU).

    .2: If I set the iGPU as the primary graphics, stand-by (under win8 pro x64) doesn't work.
    Infact the voice "stand-bv" under the ALT+F4 dropdown menu were no available with this setting.
    The only way to get it work is set the primary graphics to "auto", but I don't want to do this for the reason that I've wrote above.

    .3: Virtu MVP (this time only the newer version, the 2.1.226) does not recognise the licence.

    So did you have any idea, that it isn't to rollback and flash the 1908 bios, which gives me some stability troubles, to fix this problems?
    You do know your not suppose to update the BIOS unless your having issue's, LucidVirtu has had issue's from the start best place to get updated drivers would be Intel as its the on chip GPU. Lucid is flakey at best, again get drivers from intels site, you can google and see the issue's all boards with MVP have had/having. I think Intel may have abandoned it as well, in witch case you could search for hacked drivers. If you need more help, you need to give better details about the system. Also be more specific as to why your even using it when you have a video card already. I know English is probably not your main tongue, but understand it also makes it hard for us to help you as well..........
    Before flashing the bios was Lucid working OK? where you overclocked when trying to use it? List your memory settings, CPU V, Mem V, any over clock you may have been using or if not over clocked we still need the settings you were using. Did you clear CMOS before and After the Bios flash and set defaults, then go back and adjust them?

    some links to try and help you(with Lucid)

    LucidLogix Virtu MVP 2.0 Software Suite Available | techPowerUp

    and some links about Lucid

    https://www.google.com/#q=+Intel+lucid+virtu+mvp+2.0
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200



    http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

  3. #3
    mirko_47 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Graphics problems with bios 2003

    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerwild View Post
    You do know your not suppose to update the BIOS unless your having issue's, LucidVirtu has had issue's from the start best place to get updated drivers would be Intel as its the on chip GPU. Lucid is flakey at best, again get drivers from intels site, you can google and see the issue's all boards with MVP have had/having. I think Intel may have abandoned it as well, in witch case you could search for hacked drivers. If you need more help, you need to give better details about the system. Also be more specific as to why your even using it when you have a video card already. I know English is probably not your main tongue, but understand it also makes it hard for us to help you as well..........
    Before flashing the bios was Lucid working OK? where you overclocked when trying to use it? List your memory settings, CPU V, Mem V, any over clock you may have been using or if not over clocked we still need the settings you were using. Did you clear CMOS before and After the Bios flash and set defaults, then go back and adjust them?

    some links to try and help you(with Lucid)

    LucidLogix Virtu MVP 2.0 Software Suite Available | techPowerUp

    and some links about Lucid

    https://www.google.com/#q=+Intel+lucid+virtu+mvp+2.0
    First, thank you very much for the answer.
    You're right I've miss to list my hw spec., I'm sorry for that, so I will fix immediately:
    .CPU: Intel 3770K (15.31.9.64.3165 Graphics driver)
    .MB: Asus P8Z77V-Deluxe
    .RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance 1600MHz
    .VGA: Nvidia GTX 770 (320.49 driver)
    .OS: Win 8 x64

    I don't think that this problem can be caused by somethig other that the newer version of the BIOS.
    You said that a reason of the problem can olso be the MVP sw. or the driver, but sincerely I don't think so.
    Why i thought this? for example, take the problem #2 (stand-by issue), I've this problem just immediately when I install the OS, without installing any driver.
    I now that the MVP sw. is quite a lot problematic, but the reason that I've wrote above, just prove that the issue is not the MVP.

    I think that the issue is not the MVP, not olso for the problem #2 but olso for the #1, 'cause when I was running on 1908bios I dont have this problem, and the MVP worked perfectly.

    I've never done OC on my platform because for now I've never needed.
    before to flash the newer version of the BIOS, obviously I've clear CMOS and I've made a fresh installation of the OS.

    About MVP 2.0, for now I don't want to use it, 'cause I've read that it also suffers some problems, so I dont think that it can be a good idea to spend my money for a sw. that it doesn't work...
    However I've tried the trial version, which gives me the same problems.

    thank you very much again for the answer.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowda
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Graphics problems with bios 2003

    Quote Originally Posted by mirko_47 View Post
    First, thank you very much for the answer.
    You're right I've miss to list my hw spec., I'm sorry for that, so I will fix immediately:
    .CPU: Intel 3770K (15.31.9.64.3165 Graphics driver)
    .MB: Asus P8Z77V-Deluxe
    .RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance 1600MHz
    .VGA: Nvidia GTX 770 (320.49 driver)
    .OS: Win 8 x64

    I don't think that this problem can be caused by somethig other that the newer version of the BIOS.
    You said that a reason of the problem can olso be the MVP sw. or the driver, but sincerely I don't think so.
    Why i thought this? for example, take the problem #2 (stand-by issue), I've this problem just immediately when I install the OS, without installing any driver.
    I now that the MVP sw. is quite a lot problematic, but the reason that I've wrote above, just prove that the issue is not the MVP.

    I think that the issue is not the MVP, not olso for the problem #2 but olso for the #1, 'cause when I was running on 1908bios I dont have this problem, and the MVP worked perfectly.

    I've never done OC on my platform because for now I've never needed.
    before to flash the newer version of the BIOS, obviously I've clear CMOS and I've made a fresh installation of the OS.

    About MVP 2.0, for now I don't want to use it, 'cause I've read that it also suffers some problems, so I dont think that it can be a good idea to spend my money for a sw. that it doesn't work...
    However I've tried the trial version, which gives me the same problems.

    thank you very much again for the answer.
    Cool man!
    Just trying to help out is all. The link was just a link, if you have the board(and you do) no reason to buy it as you already own it. So my question is can you not flash it back to where it was previous to now(original bios)? So if you have issue's but did not before the bios flash, I assume the old settings will not work with the new bios?
    You did not list your HHD/SSD hard drives or your PSU, they do matter though i assume they are all good. As for the clear CMOS then reset question(had to ask, can not assume)simple basic's but some do not know is why I ask. Have you tried the after market GTX 770 Nvidia card in the second or third slot?(random thought's off the top of my head) also have you tried moving the memory, to different slots? does your board have THE FLASH BACK FEATURE(button near the IO ports when you push it, it flashes the bios back wards) or on the board some where. Can you flash the board backward? Or was it the windows 8 updated Bios?
    Can you test the Memory in another board? Try with only one stick. USB or PS2 keyboard n mouse? Again you did not list issue's prior to the bios up date, so I'm kinda miffed as to why you updated the bios? as you stated originally you did not have issue's.........
    Visit this forum, see if you can scan what you need there, if not ask and see as they are very helpful!!!!
    ASUS Republic of Gamers [ROG] | The Choice of Champions Overclocking, PC Gaming, PC Modding, Support, Guides, Advice

    good luck man!!!
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200



    http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

  5. #5
    mirko_47 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Graphics problems with bios 2003

    Thank you very much for the ROG forum link, after i'll try to write also there.


    Today I've tryed to re-flash the 1908 bios, and now I've exactly the same problem that I've with the newer version..... I don't kwon what to think now....
    I can exclude that the memory are the problem, 'cause I've tested it (and they always worked), on 3 different platform before to install it in this one on I'm working.
    About the VGA: for me is quite problematic to move the graphic card in the other slot, because it is watercooled and the tubes were very short; but i don't think that can be the problem, since when i don't have all this problem it was in the same slot.


    I've attached a screen which reports the error of the MVP (v.2.1.226) with the primary graphics set to iGPU, fresh new install of win and latest driver for the iGPU and dGPU installed before to install MVP.

    To sum up:
    Now with both version of the bios that I've tried, the stand-by doesn't work, and MVP gives the error in attachment, when the primary graphics is set to iGPU.
    The only way to get it working both (standy-by and MVP) is set the primary graphics to auto; but with this setting, I cannot see the first part of the boot, the BIOS one, 'cause it displays it on the VGA out, but i I need to keep my monitor connected to the iGPU out.

    Thank you very much again.


    Ps. how I can edit the thread title?
    Attached Images Attached Images Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Graphics problems with bios 2003-mvp-jpg 
    Last edited by mirko_47; 09-11-2013 at 05:34 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowda
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Graphics problems with bios 2003

    Have you contacted Virtu for help?
    Lucidlogix with the multi gpu solution

    Under the Asus site it shows the newest version 2.1.221.24927
    The notes on it as follows

    Note 1:
    The current build of Lucid Virtu Universal MVP software does not support Windows 8 Secure Boot function. Please ensure you have disabled Windows 8 Secure Boot functionality from under BIOS before starting this build of Lucid Virtu Universal MVP. Windows 8 Secure Boot Support is expected to be supported from the next release onwards.

    Note 2:
    The Lucid Virtu MVP requires the installation of Microsoft .NET 3.5 before its installation. Please kindly ensure Microsoft .NET 3.5 was installed prior the installation of Lucid Virtu MVP.

    Do you have net frame work 3.5 as they suggest? Also secure boot function turned off?

    A link to the site
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200



    http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

  7. #7
    mirko_47 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Graphics problems with bios 2003

    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerwild View Post
    Have you contacted Virtu for help?
    Lucidlogix with the multi gpu solution

    Under the Asus site it shows the newest version 2.1.221.24927
    The notes on it as follows

    Note 1:
    The current build of Lucid Virtu Universal MVP software does not support Windows 8 Secure Boot function. Please ensure you have disabled Windows 8 Secure Boot functionality from under BIOS before starting this build of Lucid Virtu Universal MVP. Windows 8 Secure Boot Support is expected to be supported from the next release onwards.

    Note 2:
    The Lucid Virtu MVP requires the installation of Microsoft .NET 3.5 before its installation. Please kindly ensure Microsoft .NET 3.5 was installed prior the installation of Lucid Virtu MVP.

    Do you have net frame work 3.5 as they suggest? Also secure boot function turned off?

    A link to the site
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P8Z77-V DELUXE
    Thank you very much again.

    I've alredy read this, and after flashing the new BIOS, disable the Secure Boot is the first thing that I've done.
    Of the MVP I've already tried all it's versions, even the Asus one.
    Of course i've installed the .NET frame.

    Now I will contact also Lucidlogix.

    thank you very much again.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowda
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Graphics problems with bios 2003

    When you installed drivers for Lucidlogix, how did you do it? I think there is a process for this, also after failed install it does matter how you removed the older drivers. and what mode you are in when installing the drivers, I use driver sweeper to remove old drivers. Reboot into safe mode then make sure the folder for the MVP drivers is gone, the on board GPU (MVP)needs to be in the off position when installing new drivers. Plus you may need to be in safe mode when installing the new one's (not sure but google does work).... Good luck let us know what you find out.
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200



    http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

  9. #9
    mirko_47 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Graphics problems with bios 2003

    Solved with the new 2104 BIOS.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Minnesnowda
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Graphics problems with bios 2003

    Very Cool!
    So I assume it was a Windows 8 64bit issue? Or we may never know..............
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200



    http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •