Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about BIOS

Default Questions about BIOS

Good day to all and happy happy New year

I am new here and happy to be apart of this forum My Questions are about BIOS

First Question what is Force BIOS

2 AMP configurations

3 ever since i bout this motherboard i was never able to use the unleash mod i dont know why but after reboot i get a message says overclocking failed

just to clear things up i have been tweaking my MOBO and here are the results i would Love to hit 4.2
    any advice any recommendations will be appreciated many thanks

Runing prime95 and using pc for download backup and other stuff at the same time

Many thanks and happy new year
    Last edited by vroom; 01-01-2014 at 07:51 AM.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: Questions about BIOS

Welcome to the forum.

A minor oversight, you haven't posted any information about your hardware setup and we aren't mind readers.

We need detailed information about ALL OF THE HARDWARE in your system.

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs
    portion of your forum profile at the bottom of the profile page or in your forum signature.
    Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
    When you are done editing or creating your hardware list, save the settings.

Look at the detailed information in my PC Specs and forum signature, that is what we need.

When you highlight each option in you bios, you should see some (often minimal) information on the screen.
    Does your motherboard user manual provide some additional bios parameter information.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Ok did as asked hop it will show under signature
    Code:
     Features: DirectX 11 capable of extremely fast graphics performance , the latest Intel technology PU Very fast HDD 
    Accessories: Manual , Driver (CD)
    Slot PCI Express x16 : 3
    S / PDIF: yes
    max. Number of S- ATA devices : 6 x SATA600
    Processor: Intel ® Core i7- 4770K processor
    Sound on Board : 8-Channel Realtek ALC1150
    DVD Writer : DVD Writer S- ATA
    Jumperless : Yes
    System Monitoring : Yes
    Crossfire -ready : Yes
    Graphics : Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC WF 3X , 2GB DDR5
    Maximum memory : 32GB / 16GB DDR3  1600 on bord 
    Slot PCI Express x1 : 4
    Chipset: Intel Z87 Express
    Power Management: Yes
    SLI Capable: Yes
    Raid: 0,1,5,10
    Memory clock : 1600 MHz DDR3, CL10
    Main memory (Dual Channel) : 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP kit
    DVI: 2x + 1x HDMI + 1x DisplayPort
    Parallel: No
    USB Ports: 8 x USB 2.0 + 6 x USB 3
    SSD : SAMSUNG SSD 840 PRO 128GB
    Motherboard: MSI Z87 -G45 GAMING ATX
    Case: Cougar Evolution 6GR1B black
    Manual: German
    Software_Z3 : System Software Utilities
    HDD: WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gb / s
    On-Board Network: Gigabit Killer E2205
    PSU : Cougar Power 700 W

parsec is offline Senior Member

First of all, I see all your power supply voltages in the CPUID display as impossibly terrible values. That is, if they really were those values, I can't imagine the PC would be running. Then we have the 7 or 8 year old PSU, which makes me wonder again what is going on with it.

Please try a good hardware monitoring program, like HWiNFO, free download here: HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

It will display everything CPUID does (and won't, "TRIAL"), and much more. Hopefully you'll get better PSU voltage readings. If they don't change, either the board's sensor chip is bad, or a new PSU is a priority. You can't OC higher now with that PSU, and given what I read about your CPU, 4.0GHz is pretty much the limit.

I just checked your board at ASUS... there are no heat sinks on the VRMs. The specs say it supports 125W CPUs... surprising.

Your OC may be failing due to the PSU, not enough power. "Unleash Mode" seems to be an auto OC option, but who knows what it does. Meaning does it reset all the CPU OC settings and voltages from the values you entered, or is it a mix of both? The OC may fail due to the Unleash Mode settings being to high, or other settings like voltages being to low for a high OC. You need to check and tell us what Unleash Mode does to BIOS settings.

Or is Unleash Mode activating six cores on that CPU?

What is Force BIOS? It's a setting for AddOn ROM Display, are you familiar with Option ROMs? They are programs for things like RAID utilities, built in or add on cards, etc, that are run during POST and display a screen with information or allowing you to press keys to start the utility. The Force BIOS setting causes the AddOn ROM Display to be shown after a restart of the PC, when they normally would not be displayed.

Good day to you parsec

Thank you for the fast reply , and thank you for answering some of my Question

Please let me start By saying i am new at this ( tweaking and overclocking ) So can you Please clarify why do you think some of the Numbers are not correct you have every thing in the PIC . I will download the program you recommended , every advice you provide to get every thing corrected is much appreciated You also said my PSU may be causing all of this , i can agree to a certain point 1 it is doing an amazing job and i am thankful 2 i am aware of some time soon i will need to get a new one ( But my attitude is use until it Breaks down )

I have managed to unlock all 6 cores before from a tutorial on you-tube and it did work But you are right this is the first time i have increased the Vcore on this PC as far as the unleash mood this never worked at all i enable it from BIOS restart and immediately get a message in post OC mood failed and it was giving me many problems so i stayed away from it .

I would Love to correct every thing the right way But i must tell you i think my computer is running good for the first time with the changes i have made ( but i could be Wrong Newbi talking )

many thanks will come back with some new pictures

and happy new year to you and all
    Code:
     Features: DirectX 11 capable of extremely fast graphics performance , the latest Intel technology PU Very fast HDD 

Well Good day

I did it on my own with a Little help ( i did not understand full that last post ) English is my second language

ANY way

Ok so after we got it up to 4.009 prime runs smooth TEP is no more then 38c 39c but we always had the Blue screen so we went up on the memory V blue screen is gon then i ran into an other problem if i rn 2 or more APP the computer keeps restarting and this bothered me alot not to mention i have been taking hard ware in and out to see what is the cause , fresh install of windows , then one of my HDD got messed up and so on

so i keept on trouble shouting and found the cause here it is

By changing the CPU/HT back to 230 from 243 every thing got smoother 100% also went a little hight on the CPU OV and keept on playing with the CPU Ratio started at 15X now as you see i have it at 17.5

will keep going up on the ratio to see how far i can get so-fare i am at 4.01 and very stable before i was at 4.009 and restarting every 15 minutes

Not Please if any one see's something wrong with the numbers above please let me know to what number i should change it to and why ???

many thanks
    Code:

Code:

I copied the text from parsec's post (#4) and went to Google Translate
    I pasted the copied English text to the box on the left of the screen and then selected German as the language for the right hand box.

You might find that the translated text helps you better understand some posts.

Here is the translation:

Zunächst einmal sehe ich alle Versorgungsspannungen in der CPUID- Display als unglaublich schreckliche Werte . Das heißt, wenn sie wirklich waren diese Werte , kann ich mir nicht vorstellen, das wäre PC ausgeführt werden. Dann haben wir die 7 oder 8 Jahre altes Netzteil , das macht mich wieder fragen, was los ist mit ihm.

Bitte versuchen Sie einen guten Hardware-Monitoring- Programm , wie HWiNFO , kostenloser Download hier: HWiNFO , HWiNFO32/64 - Download-

Es wird alles CPUID tut ( und werden nicht, " TRIAL " ) anzuzeigen, und vieles mehr. Ich hoffe, Sie werden sich besser Netzteil Spannungsmesswerte zu erhalten . Wenn sie nicht ändern, ist Sensorchip des Boards entweder schlecht, oder ein neues Netzteil ist eine Priorität. Sie können nicht höher OC jetzt mit diesem Netzteil, und gegeben, was ich über die CPU zu lesen, ist 4,0 GHz so ziemlich die Grenze.

Ich habe gerade überprüft das Board bei ASUS ... es gibt keine Kühlkörper auf den Spannungsreglermodule . Die Spezifikationen sagen, es 125W CPUs unterstützt ... raschend.

Ihre OC kann andernfalls auf Grund des Netzteil, nicht genug Leistung . " Unleash Mode" scheint ein Auto OC Option sein , aber wer weiß, was es tut. Bedeutung hat es zurücksetzen alle CPU- OC -Einstellungen und Spannungen von den Werten, die Sie eingegeben haben, oder ist es eine Mischung aus beidem ? Das OK kann auf die Unleash Modus-Einstellungen als zu hoch, oder andere Einstellungen wie Spannungen als zu gering für eine hohe OC scheitern. Sie müssen prüfen, und sagen Sie uns , was Unleash Modus tut , um die Einstellungen des BIOS.

Oder ist Unleash Modus aktivieren sechs Kerne auf dieser CPU ?

Was ist Kraft -BIOS ? Es ist eine Einstellung für AddOn ROM -Display, sind Sie mit der Option -ROMs bekannt vor? Sie sind Programme für Dinge wie RAID Versorgungsunternehmen, in Bau oder Zusatzkarten , usw., die während des POST ausgeführt werden und zeigt einen Bildschirm mit Informationen oder mit dem Sie Tasten, um das Dienstprogramm zu starten drücken . The Force BIOS-Einstellung bewirkt, dass das AddOn ROM Anzeige nach einem Neustart des PC angezeigt werden , wenn sie normalerweise nicht angezeigt werden.
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers

@profjim

Ok great i can understand what you are saying very good now
    and yes i do have the force BIOS should i enable it ??

In my second PIC can you please tell me how high i can go on the Memory Over voltage ?? i have it at 158 now coz i am at 4.21

and yes it looks like you are right and every one els who is trying to help me anything above 4.0 i keep getting memory physical dump

would you Like if i upload more of my BIOS PIC coz i have them ??

many thanks

NOT your first post did not understand any thing from it
    Code:

Bitte schön.

I was hoping that Google Translate might help somewhat with understanding our posts. I've helped in two threads where the original posters (aka OP) were from South America did not speak ANY English, but used google translate to translate their posts into English and they would copy our English posts into Google Translate where it translated our replies into their native language. Google Translate isn't perfect, and sometimes the translations are funny and sometimes the translated text is strange.

If you don't understand part of our posts, ask us for a simpler or clearer explanation.

I'd like to help you but the last AMD system that I used had a mid/upper level AMD K6-2 cpu.
    Pasec, - wardog - and other members who are familiar with AMD systems can best help you.

To rule out your power supply as a possible problem, can you borrow a newer, very good quality power supply to test with?

Parsec's psu advice is excellent and you need to understand that a power supply is the foundation of your system. An older power supply might be providing power that is somewhat erratic, out of spec, and it might be causing random instability. You are putting much greater demands on your power supply as you overclock even higher. You really need a more modern power supply.

"Note:" (without the quotes) is the correct spelling when you want others to notice additional information.
    NB, Nb, or nb may refer to: Abbreviation for nota bene, a Latin expression meaning "note well".
    To me, Note and NB mean the same thing and either one is OK to use, when needed.

***edit***
    When you get system errors, freezing, or BSOD's, please provide as much detailed information as possible, and include information about what programs you were using and any related screen-shots. You should also include overclocking information so that it's clear what cpu and memory speeds you were running, and include the primary memory timing settings.

Have you tested your system with Prime95, LinX, IntelBurnTest (IBT) or other stress testing programs each time you make and bios changes. If yes, be sure to tell us which tests you ran and how much time each test ran. Posting a cropped screen-shot of the test program's error window is very helpful.
    Last edited by profJim; 01-11-2014 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added error and stress testing reporting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information