Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Problems with Asus Utility Suite




  1. #1
    alternety is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    144

    Default Problems with Asus Utility Suite

    I loaded some of the latest version utilities from the Suite. They seemed to be causing strange issues with the computer, so I uninstalled them using the Suite uninstall. After rebooting, Win 8.1 booted fine, but I could not use the keyboard or mouse. Both work fine in the BIOS screen. The keyboard uses the PS2 port and the mouse USB. So presumably something the uninstall did to some drivers is probably at fault. Both devices work fine in the BIOS screens. Another oddity; when I booted in this condition, Windows would stop at the stupid new interface and not load my start menue aplication.

    It took me a lot of trying to get to the safe mode, but it also seemed to use the damaged drivers and I had the same problem. I did not see a way to re-install drivers. I went back to a checkpoint I ran before uninstalling the Asus suite. Now I still have the odd behaviour. And oddly some messages about not finding come of the suite files.

    At this point, all I can think of is to try resistalling dirvers, but I am not sure what bits and pieces I should work on.

    Can anyone supply some information on just Asus utilities screw around with. Or even experience from the same problem.
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
    i7 3770
    2 X 8GB F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL DDR3 1600 1.5V GSkill Ripjaws
    Integrated graphics
    Seasonic Platinum 760W
    be quite! Dark Rock Pro 2
    Fractal Define XL R2 case
    Win 8.1 64 Pro

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Problems with Asus Utility Suite

    Quote Originally Posted by alternety View Post
    I loaded some of the latest version utilities from the Suite. They seemed to be causing strange issues with the computer, so I uninstalled them using the Suite uninstall. After rebooting, Win 8.1 booted fine, but I could not use the keyboard or mouse. Both work fine in the BIOS screen. The keyboard uses the PS2 port and the mouse USB. So presumably something the uninstall did to some drivers is probably at fault. Both devices work fine in the BIOS screens. Another oddity; when I booted in this condition, Windows would stop at the stupid new interface and not load my start menue application.

    It took me a lot of trying to get to the safe mode, but it also seemed to use the damaged drivers and I had the same problem. I did not see a way to re-install drivers. I went back to a checkpoint I ran before uninstalling the Asus suite. Now I still have the odd behaviour. And oddly some messages about not finding come of the suite files.

    At this point, all I can think of is to try resistalling dirvers, but I am not sure what bits and pieces I should work on.

    Can anyone supply some information on just Asus utilities screw around with. Or even experience from the same problem.
    Uninstall ASUS Suite and go to Asus support site and download/run "AiSuite_Cleaner.exe". AiSuite messes up I/O on a number of MBs.

  3. #3
    alternety is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Problems with Asus Utility Suite

    Quote Originally Posted by Chipteck View Post
    Uninstall ASUS Suite and go to Asus support site and download/run "AiSuite_Cleaner.exe". AiSuite messes up I/O on a number of MBs.
    Thanks a lot. I need to proceed carefully since I can't use the computer after it was removed. But it seemed to take a reboot to screw up.

    I have been unable to locate that program on the Asus site. It is remarkably user hostile and convoluted.
    Last edited by alternety; 01-28-2014 at 07:12 AM.
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
    i7 3770
    2 X 8GB F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL DDR3 1600 1.5V GSkill Ripjaws
    Integrated graphics
    Seasonic Platinum 760W
    be quite! Dark Rock Pro 2
    Fractal Define XL R2 case
    Win 8.1 64 Pro

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Problems with Asus Utility Suite

    Quote Originally Posted by alternety View Post
    Thanks a lot. I need to proceed carefully since I can't use the computer after it was removed. But it seemed to take a reboot to screw up.

    I have been unable to locate that program on the Asus site. It is remarkably user hostile and convoluted.


    Take look on P8Z77-v Deluxe AI Suite II Utility - Asus - Motherboards

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •