Problem: Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.7040 windows 8.1 ASUS P8Z77-I-asus-jpg

I have a problem with all Realtek HD audio drivers newer than the 6.0.1.7040 windows 8.1 driver supplied on the ASUS site. This driver has a bug in ASIO4ALL where the line input levels are not adjustable.

Newer releases from the realtek web site fix this bug but do not have the Device Playback options “make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously” (see image above for .7040 driver) under Advanced Settings (and I could not find it anywhere else) which means that the headphones and speakers cannot be used independently and also that the rear jacks cannot be retasked (I need two line ins on the rear). I need this option since I am using the onboard with Reaper for recording, headphone monitoring etc. and while the 7040 driver is at least satisfactory, the newer drivers give better S/N ratio since the line input levels are adjustable (fortunately they are only about 2dB too low on their default unadjustable setting in .7040 driver).

Hoping someone can fix this or at least confirm they have the same problem and it is not limited to me?
I am using Windows 8.1 x64 on an ASUS P8Z77-I.