Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Mouse/Keyboard Freeze

Unhappy Mouse/Keyboard Freeze

My mouse and keyboard work fine until I plug in a thumb drive then they freeze. I unplug the drive and some key strokes appear on the screen and function returns. I have deleted all the usb/mouse/keyborad drives and have deleted all the ASROCK 'speed it up' software. The problem persists.

Default Re: Mouse/Keyboard Freeze

Hi Laurie,

I trust you chose to uninstall that software instead of simply deleting it.

Not knowing what you computer is comprised of, the OS, or the USB stick in question ..........

Is Windows trying to use it as a ReadyBoost drive?
    Are there any U3 programs, portable apps, or viruses on the stick that might be auto loading under the radar?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Arrow Re: Mouse/Keyboard Freeze

I only no how to uninstall, not delete, But I have ...

Thumbdrive is a 16gb 3.0 ??? brand

Machine:
    Intel Core i7 4770
    ASRock Z87-PRO4 Motherboard
    G.Skill Ares F3-2133C11D-8GAO 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
    Gigabyte Radeon HD7750 2GB Overclocked

Box:
    NZXT H230 Case Black
    Corsair RM-550 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

Discs:
    Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD

2 "Western Digital WD Green 3TB WD30EZRX"
    Western Digital WD Green 2TB WD20EZRX

LG CH12NS30 12X BD-R Blu-Ray DVD Combo Drive
    Samsung SH-224DB 24x DVDRW OEM

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64bit OEM

Running Through a 47" LG TV,
    with wireless Logitech k330 keyboard/mouse with range extender,
    The computer is wired to the router, so there is no WIFI

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieWhittaker View Post
    My mouse and keyboard work fine until I plug in a thumb drive then they freeze. I unplug the drive and some key strokes appear on the screen and function returns. I have deleted all the usb/mouse/keyborad drives and have deleted all the ASROCK 'speed it up' software. The problem persists.

Talking Re: Mouse/Keyboard Freeze

Problem fixed I uninstalled Norton

Default Re: Mouse/Keyboard Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieWhittaker View Post
    Problem fixed I uninstalled Norton
    Really? Norton? That's a new one, freezing/locking, that you experienced. I'll have to remember that one.

All aside, Norton in what I've read over the past 5-6yrs, causes more problems with whatever, than it seemingly keeps at bay. Some seem to have no problems with it and others say, well, they say they uninstalled it right after installing it.

Again, thanks for coming back and posting that.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thread Information