Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asus p9x79 turbo mode

kostas75# is offline Junior Member

Default asus p9x79 turbo mode

hello to everyone
    i have this motherboard for 6 months with i7 4930k ,the problem is that i can not overclock my cpu with turbo mode on i have bsods every time i raise the load to my cpu,on the other hand i overclock with bclk 133.5 ratio 34, cpu vcore 1.340 ,turbo mode off and everything is fine with prime95 for 2 hours,i tried all the bios from asus but nothing
    what am i doing wrong??
    i forgot to say that i use F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH GSKILL ram
    thanks for reading
    please help
    Last edited by kostas75#; 08-23-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Default Re: asus p9x79 turbo mode

Quote Originally Posted by kostas75# View Post
    hello to everyone
    i have this motherboard for 6 months with i7 4930k ,the problem is that i can not overclock my cpu with turbo mode on i have bsods every time i raise the load to my cpu,on the other hand i overclock with bclk 133.5 ratio 34, cpu vcore 1.340 ,turbo mode off and everything is fine with prime95 for 2 hours,i tried all the bios from asus but nothing
    what am i doing wrong??
    i forgot to say that i use F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH GSKILL ram
    thanks for reading
    please help
    You mean turbo mode on the CPU? Did you turn off spread spectrum in the bios? Blk@133.5? You mean the CPU strapping right? Lets start over, pretty sure you can take screen shoots in the Bios. Can you take a few for us to help you? Can you list your full system for us? If you can't take a screen shoot in the bios, list the main settings I.E. such as CPU Voltage, VSSA, ETC..............
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

Thread Information