Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough

Default Saberthooth 990FX gpu passtrough

Im following this tutorial:
    Linux Mint Forums ? View topic - HOW-TO make dual-boot obsolete using XEN VGA passthrough

Im stuck at: "dmesg | grep AMD-Vi" not showing anything. It sais: "If you do not get this output, then VT-d or AMD-Vi is not working." But I enabled it in the bios of my Saberthooth 990fx rev 1.xx. (bios version is 1604)

So I visited: VTd HowTo - Xen

To check if my hardware is compatible, I found that the 990fx is on the list but I dont know if it has a ACPI IVRS table. My CPU Phenom II x4 965 is not on the list.

Now Im stuck and need help. My cpu seems to not support the iommu and before I buy a new CPU I need to atleast know if my mainboard is capable and has no buggy bios.

I couldnt find out per google, it seems nobody has tried this with the 990fx rev 1.xx and written down online if it worked or not. I hope you guys can help me.

----------

I did some more digging:
    Found out that my cpu should be able to handle iommu: AMDZone.com ? View topic - Existing platforms with AMD-V, IOMMU (AMD-Vi), NPT (RVI)?
    And my 990fx should work too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rting_hardware

Damn now why dosnt it work....

------------------------

Ive found this: Linux: Find Out If CPU Support Intel VT and AMD-V Virtualization Support

the # grep --color svm /proc/cpuinfo command produces highlighted svm Maybe it becaus my bios calls it SVM not AMD-V
    Last edited by mystd; 09-04-2015 at 02:39 AM.

Thread Information