Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1 Motherboard Questions

btark is offline Junior Member

Angry Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1 Motherboard Questions

I am considering subject MB as my next build,but have several questions primarily directed to those already using said board. I am leaning to this board over a Z170 Asus board though the costs are fairly comparable because I prefer the number, spacing and layout of the PCIE slots thereon. I will install either the Intel 5960X/5930K cpu, but most likely the 5960X. Am looking at the Nvidia GeForce 980 Ti GPU for this build which is advertised as 10.5 inches long. Thus my first question is: 1. Does anyone having this board also have this GPU to confirm it will fit (manual states a single gpu is recommended for the 3rd slot). 2. Will it fit any of the PCIE 3.0 X16 slots or if not, which ones?
    slots

grn is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1 Motherboard Questions

I have the Asus X99 Deluxe/3.1 MB and a 5960X CPU but only a GTX 670 graphics card. This is 9.5" long and barely hangs over the edge of the motherboard. In my case, I have more than enough room left between MB and drive bays to install the 980. If your case has say an 1.5" clearance between edge of the MB and the drive bays, then it should fit (I have a NZXT Phantom 630).

From experience with the MB though, if you do decide to buy this one make sure you check the package contents. The board comes with an extension fan controller card, fan header cable, temperature sensor, mounting brackets and a double-sided sticky pad. The last two items are not listed in the package contents and my MB came without the sticky pad. In my case, I need this as there is no place to mount the card using the brackets (the spacing would fit 5.25" drive mounts but my case is fully toolless). I only discovered the pad was missing when I was searching for solutions and came across a review that had a picture with the pad. Asus support were less than helpful suggesting I request a replacement from the retailer. SInce I'd already installed the MB and have my system running, this isn't really an option. My case has a fan controller but I want to overclock and the Asus overclocking S/W does not see my fans so not really happy with Asus.

I think before I bought the MB I saw a view reviews that used the 980 in their performance tests, so suggest you try looking for some reviews but I don't think you'd have a problem with the graphics card.

Hope this helps

I think I've seen reviews of the board that
    MB: GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev 2.0) BIOS Version: FH
    CPU: I7 950 @ 3.06GHz
    PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro Hybrid 80+ Gold, 850W
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 580
    Mem: Crucial 1333 DDR3

Thread Information