Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Enabling middle button click on Elan touchpad

Default Enabling middle button click on Elan touchpad

I just got a new K501UX-WH74 laptop. For my use, I need to be able to generate a middle button click via the touchpad, something that most laptops allow with either a two- or three-button top, or at worst by pressing both physical buttons simultaneously.

Unfortunately, it looks like ASUS disabled most of the functionality in Elan's "Smart Gestures" app that configures the touchpad. Searching for solutions finds a huge number of people who found workarounds by installing other manufacturers' drivers instead of the ASUS version. However, I have yet to find an alternative that works with the touchpad version in the K501UX. Other people talk about registry tweaks, but the K501UX seems to use a different version of Smart Gesture with very different registry settings.

I see the following device IDs in Device Manager:
    • HID\VEN_ELAN&DEV_1000&Col01
    • HID\VID_04F3&UP:0001_U:0002

Is there any solution to this? I like everything else about this laptop, but if I can't resolve this issue I'll have to return the laptop. :-(
    Last edited by SunriseMan; 12-23-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Thread Information