Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Audio driver problems

Shvets is offline Junior Member

Default Audio driver problems

Hello! I have a Z170 Pro Gaming MB and after a clean install of Windows I can't install audio drivers. The driver installation process is split into deleting the old driver, and , after a reboot, installation of the new one. I seem to be stuck on the first step. The installation UI shows me that after restart it will install the new drivers and yet it never does - it starts from scratch. The audio is working and producing sounds but whenever I enter a game (AC Unity in this case) the game will randomly crash - BSOD. Windows event viewer shows that it's the ATKEX_cmd.exe that's failing. As I understand it's the audio driver.I would appreciate some help.

WilliamM2 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Audio driver problems

I never install any Asus supplied drivers, they seem to add unneeded crap, and they are always out of date. I always get the latest Realtek drivers here:

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Page 94 - Windows 10 Forums

Currently running 7841 WHQL from June without any issues on my Z170 pro gaming. They seem to release new ones every few days, but why fix what works. Maybe give them a shot.

Shvets is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamM2 View Post
    I never install any Asus supplied drivers, they seem to add unneeded crap, and they are always out of date. I always get the latest Realtek drivers here:

Currently running 7841 WHQL from June without any issues on my Z170 pro gaming. They seem to release new ones every few days, but why fix what works. Maybe give them a shot.

Thanks. I've downloaded the drivers from Microsoft update catalog, but there is just a cabinet file (.cab) with lots of files - no installer. Do I just copy them somewhere?

WilliamM2 is offline Junior Member

I've never done it through MS. I just get them direct from Realtek's ftp server, the latest were released yesterday. Use the link, username, and password from this post:

Thread Information