Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Pc restarted with Anti Surge warning despite of AC POWER LOSS RESTART OFF.

Default Pc restarted with Anti Surge warning despite of AC POWER LOSS RESTART OFF.

I was trying to figure out if my power was out last night during the small power outage so I can figure out whether to throw away perishable foods. I think my computer was on when I came home this morning (although I was tired so I certainly could have turned it on without thinking). I don't have the "startup automatically after a power failure" checked in energy saver nor do I have a UPS. If I type "last" in terminal, it has a reboot at 4:37am this morning (I was not here at that time). Also, the system log says
    4:37:43 AM locationd: locationd was started after an unclean shutdown
    So that seems to indicated that computer shut down and restarted on its own with + yes, ANTI SURGE WARNING. "“Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit."
    I did a test. I unplugged my pc for about a minute. It didn't start up on its own.
    Could it be that there was a very brief power disruption/flicker that caused it to reboot with Anti Surge on its own?
    PC: 6700K stock
    Corsair 750 RM
    16GB DDR4
    Asus Z170-P
    SSD 256GB
    GTX 1080
    Last edited by sew333; 02-05-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Thread Information