Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Audigy 2 DVD Audio Problem

I have an Audigy 2 and Samsung SM-352B combo DVD/CDRW. The problem I'm having is very strange. 4 of my 7 DVD-Audio discs won't work. 2 of them, when I put them in, pop up the Creative DVD-Audio player but it never displays as if there is no disc in the drive. If I open up a DVD-Video program, like TheaterTek, then go back to the Creative software, it works fine. I have to repeat that for each disc after every reboot to play them. Another disc pops up the Creative DVD-Audio software when inserted but immediately crashes giving a Windows error with Send/Don't Send buttons. Again, opening it up first in TheaterTek fixes the problem. Now, this only works with discs that are hybrid Audio/Video discs. My 4th disc that won't work is a sampler. It does the same thing, pops up but displays nothing. But, TheaterTek doesn't fix this problem as there is no video on the disc to display. I've decided the problem is with my Samsung drive because all worked fine with my LiteOn DVD drive. Also I've moved the drive and Audigy 2 to another computer and it does the same thing. I'm gonna dig out my old LiteOn tonight and see if my theory is correct. Any ideas on why the Samsung would have a problem loading certain discs? Is there any way to update the firmware? I looked on the Samsung website but couldn't find any updates for the drive.

bump

I plugged in my old LiteOn DVD drive and it works fine. So, something is screwy with the Samsung. I guess I'll just take it back and exchange for a CDRW and keep the LiteOn DVD and have a separate CDRW.

My main systems here all use a LiteOn CDRW plus a LiteOn DVD not only for fast "on the fly" burning but also for redundency purposes. The DVD is used for general purposes while the CDRW is used solely for burning. Sorry but I havn't a clue to the Samsung's prob. :shrug:

Well, I LOVE samsung products, but I got a 'good deal' on two brand new Samsung DVD drives a while back, and they were both garbage. Huge dissapointment.

Thats all I can say.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

How about region ?
    ECS L4S8A2, P4 1.8A, 256MB Visipro DDR2100, 40 GB Maxtor 7200, Albaton GeForce4 Mx440 8x 128 MB, LG DVD 16x/CDRW 48x24x48x Combo Drive, Samsung CDROM 52x

Thread Information