Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is there a difference?

I'm probably going to get the new ASUS P4P800 Deluxe Mobo and i was wondering whether the onboard sound, which is: ADI AD1985 SoundMAX 6-channel, is better or has the same features as my old Creative SoundBlaster Live! Value? (not sure if it is 5.1)
    If i get the mobo, should i install the Sound Card? Thanx for any suggestions! :wave:

the onbard is better, the SBlive value cards are not 5.1

I have the Asus A7N8X Deluxe, which seems to have the same onboard sound that one does...it is excellent, don't put your old SB card in =)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

thanx a lot. Looks like my dog will have a new toy to play with then! hehe

Ya can always sell it and make a few bucks back but onboard sound has really come a long way in the last year. ;)

what about the onboard sound on a Epox 8RDA+ or 8RDA3+ or a Asus A7N8X Deluxe VS. Soundblaster Audigy DE spec edit?

coz im gonna get a audigy, so i can take advantage of my speakers, but if onboard is better, i might as well get a new mobo.
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

if you're looking to just take advantage of you're speakers then the onboard sound of the A7N8X Deluxe will be more than enough. like I said earlier, the onboard sound with that mobo is excellent!
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thread Information