Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: No Sound With HEADPHONES!!!!

Another Problem!

i am trying to make my head phones work on my computer so my paents don't have to listen to my music all the time. I can't seem to figure it out. I have XP and Yamaha speakers.

At first i try plugging my phones into a jack on the main speaker that indicates headphones. THat doesn't work. So than i go into speaker settings. There i choose Stero Headphones. Plugged into the same port, still no sound out of headphones, only the speakers still play sounds.

Next, I plug the phones into the optical drive. Still nothing.

FInally i plug the headphones into the green jack on my Asus mobo where the speakers used to be plugged in to. NO SOUND!

I feel like an idiot. Is there something i am not doing right?

thanx

Make sure that ya sound ports are configured properly and then make sure ya have the volume right up if ya headphones are amplified as the sound will be low plus have ya checked that the headphones work by pluggin' them into another appliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    have ya checked that the headphones work by pluggin' them into another appliance?
    /\ that's what I'm wondering, are you sure the headphones even work?
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Beefy Guest

It's your headphones. If you've tried all the different ports, including the CD drive which doesn't need configuring, then it's the phones. Have they got a volume control on the headphones themselves? Is it turned on? Otherwise, I'd say you need some new ones.

OK guys....thanx for your help. I figured it out. It was the phones. They had an adapter on them that was not supposed to be there. When I took it off, everything worked like it was supposed to. Anyways......thanx a lot for your help!

Chaos:)

Thread Information