Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems with My Monitor

Hi

After a certain amount of time, sometimes not very long, my monitor will go completely blank. The only way to get the display back is to turn the monitor off, then back on. However, it will do it again a bit later on. Is it because its getting to hot? When it did it first I put a fan against it and that seemed to sort it out but last night I put the fan up against it again and it still did it. Most annoying during a very intensive game of Raven shield. Has anyone experienced similar problems? I've tried contacting Philips but I have to wait two days. Any ideas? :?: :( :tears:

Sounds like a power saving function. Have you checked your control panel for the settings? Or perhaps it can be changed in the OSD menu of your monitor
    "Make FPS, not war"

The power save feature is supposed to come on after 10 minutes of no activity. I did think it was that but it seems a little random for it to be that. Litterly it only takes a couple of seconds for it to do it again. Also moving the mouse doesn't wake it up. I'll check the power save though to check.

Yes if it happens that quick it's probably something to do with the hardware. If your are using USB controls you might want to check the bios if it has an option like "wake up on USB" mine was set to "no" at one point which caused my monitor to switch off during games.
    Have you also checked the power and signal cable for bad connection? Just move them a bit (be carefull with the signal cable, you don't want to snap your video card).
    "Make FPS, not war"

Thread Information