Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to configure dual monitors?

hello guys, I may be in the wrong thread so correct me if i am and moved this post ok?

I have 2 19" inches CRT monitors that i wanted to link as one monitor, how can i do it?
    I've seen some people manage to link theirs plz help! thanks in advance!

"I MaY nOt WhAt ThEy CaLlEd PERFECT bUt SoMe PaRtS Of Me ArE £UcKiNg ExElLeNt!"

It depends on your video card as far as I know. What are you running?

Chez

nView is the program I use with Nvidia.
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

Im running Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro, it has one TV-Out socket and another Slot for Flat Screen monitor. I used adapter for the other Monitor to fit into the Flat Screen slot, but it only displays the thesame as I have on my 1st Monitor.

I wanted to link them two minitor as one big monitor. any Idea?

anyway thanks for replying. :cheers:

"I MaY nOt WhAt ThEy CaLlEd PERFECT bUt SoMe PaRtS Of Me ArE £UcKiNg ExElLeNt!"

There should be in the display driver properties a settin' to change that.

First you have to find out if you card even supports a dual monitor configuration. Then you need to find out what software it uses to make it work.

Like I said, with nVidia, I know that nView is the software that allows you to use two monitors and it splits your desktop between the two.
    Although you have to have a card that supports it, and the software to drive it.

You might want to email ATI. They got back to me pretty quick when I had a question about whether they were coming out with the 9800PROAIW soon, so I could AFFORD the 9700PROAIW! LOL

The lady thought it was pretty funny, and she very nicely told me she couldn't tell me, but soon.

OR go to an ATI forum and see if someone can help you there.

UNLESS someone here knows. It has been quiet around here though from what I have noticed the last couple of days.

Good luck,
    Chez
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

You either have to have a dual head video card (expensive) or two video cards (cheaper) as I have. The second video card must also be dual monitor capable. I am using a Aopen PA-50e AGP and a Mattrox Mystique 220. Both are old and obsolete but they were cheap and work very well. I've also used a Cirrus Logic CL-GD 5446 with the PA-50.

Don't you ppl read? His Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro is a dual monitor capable card and he only has to go into his display properties to enable the extended desktop features. :rolleyes2

HEY WIGGO,

Don't you READ. I didn't see anything where he said his card was a dual monitor capable card.
    I also said I don't know crap about ATI, and only have used nVidia.
    So be a little nicer bro'. We all aren't as experenced as you with ATI and whether his card is dual monitor capable. I did suggest that is was PROBABLY a software thing. I assumed he just needed to have the right software and it would work like nView does.

That is why I ALSO suggested that hopefully someone such as yourself would be able to help him.
    Cause you da' man...

So give me a break, okie dokie, :shrug: I have only used nVidia stuff. Although I would love to have an ATI card if you have an extra one you want to get rid of?

Regards,
    Chez

PS Thanks for the info. Like I always say, you learn something new everyday!!!

Knowledge is POWER

His 2nd post indicated his card and all R9700P cards are dual monitor capable. :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    Im running Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro, it has one TV-Out socket and another Slot for Flat Screen monitor. I used adapter for the other Monitor to fit into the Flat Screen slot, but it only displays the thesame as I have on my 1st Monitor.

I wanted to link them two minitor as one big monitor. any Idea?

anyway thanks for replying. :cheers:

[EDIT] He didn't say it, I did, but you show me a R9700P that ain't capable of dual monitor support :p

:cheers: Chez

You still da' man Wiggo.

Hope you can help this week when I start building my new system. My new case (2nd one) with the gold accents is coming on Monday. So it will be build time. I have sleeved and wrapped every wire I can so far, just like the PSU from performance-pc. I didn't realize how much better they look wrapped like that. I wonder how much of a diffference it will look inside the case when you don't really seen any wires. Just sleeved cables, with heatshink. My wife even commented that it really looked professional. I am pretty excited about it. I took my time on this build.
    I just hope that GEIL memory holds up and doesn't keep me from a good OC with the Barton 2500+ on the A7N8X Deluxe board.
    Do you know what bios I should download BTW?
    I would like to download all the software mod stuff now so I don't have to do it later. If you can give me any pointers I would appreciate it.
    Thats in advance,
    Chez

Knowledge is POWER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information