Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Monitor Effect Quality?

Yeah i was just wondering if the monitor can some how effect the quality or speed of ur graphics........cuase i have a freaking 1993 iiyama monitor and i was just curious :group:

quality? yes speed? not really

pictue quality will deteriate as the moniotr gets older ...but the monitors resolution, refresh rate at any given resolution, it's capability to display colors correctly, and it's dot-pitch all affect your picture quality

the best video card in the world wouldn't do you any good if your monitor can only display 16 shades of grey ;)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

hmmmmm i seee ty man u been alot of help today :wave: so a fancy monitor with a great refresh rate and lcd display cant improve benchmarking scores or fps ? :bounce2:

nope it wont improve ur benchmarks, but without a high quality monitor ur not gonna be able to get the benefits of all the fancy AA and AF that ur vid card lets u use at high res :thumb:

it wont improve benchmarks or fps ..all it can improve is how the final image looks on screen

think of it as playing DVDs. The DVD player will prodce the movie with the same amount of detail whether it is hooked up to a 10" back and white POS TV or a $3000 Plasma screen ...the DVD player performs the same way, but the screen it is hooked up to will make all the difference in the end

hope that example helps

:cheers:

yes thanks alot for u help :thumb:

anytime

Thread Information