Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is My Monitor Drunk???

I just received a replacement monitor from eMachines for a 17" reg. CRT. It miraclously quit after 1 week. They might have grabbed the wrong box, but they PROMPTLY (!!!) replaced it with a brand new 17" flat-screen CRT. I love it. It started right up when I plugged it in, no probs. I have it set at 1024X768 & 85 refresh rate. This setting IS supported by the monitor. I have adjusted it to suit me best & it is 95% close to perfect right to the edge.
    However, it has a very slight "shake" to it, almost like when you try a low refresh setting, but not quite the same. The "shake" is most noticeable in the lower corners. As I said, it is NOT excessive, but I'm just wondering if anyone has a clue what may be causing this & how to fix it.
    "Degaussing" seems to temporarily help some, but not completely.
    The one that quit & the COMPAQ 13' I was using while waiting for the new one did not do this.
    Everything seems to be working fine on this machine except for this little monitor problem.
    Thanks for any info.

eMachines W2247
    AthlonXP 2200+
    768 M DDR PC2100
    FIC AM37 MOBO - onboard Savage 32M video
    You Don't Know Me. I Am Not Here. I Do Not Exist. (Witness Protection)

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

I've had that problem with several monitors, some worse than others. The culprit is power lines in the wall. The only solution I know of is to try putting the moitor in different locations in the room, or moving it farther from the wall.

:cheers:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Ihad a funny feeling that was what it might be. I was thinking more on the lines of the mass of wires coming out of the back of my comp. I moved them around a little & it didn't seem to matter much. Guess I'll go to Staples & get some wire management devices.(plastic clips)
    You Don't Know Me. I Am Not Here. I Do Not Exist. (Witness Protection)

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Thread Information