Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: power for monitor

got a bit of a problem i think. i have an old compaq v50 monitor (it does its job) and it plugs into the psu for power. the new case im getting has a new, hopefully better psu but i dont think it would have the spot to plug my monitor in. is there some sort of adapter i can get to plug the monitor straight into the wall or am i doomed to use my ****ty generic power supply? thanks

Beefy Guest

Just buy another normal power cable and plug the screen into the wall. The only reason that I know of that people plug the screen into the PSU is convenience. It saves a power point and will turn the screen off with the PC (it used to, some still have passthrough power that doesn't)

sorry but im not exactly sure what you mean by a normal power cable. ive probably seen them a million times but im not too sure.

The standard power cable should be exactly the same as your PC's power cable

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by swinger
    sorry but im not exactly sure what you mean by a normal power cable. ive probably seen them a million times but im not too sure.
    Whatever you use to connect your power supply to the wall.

sorry bout that, must've had a retard moment. just figured it out last night but thanks for the replys. : peace2:

Thread Information