Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6channel audio on nforce2

Hi all sorry if this is a dumb question but how do i go about getting the 6channel audio setup on my asus motherboard. I thought you use the mic and line in as the other 2 channel outputs but im not sure how to do this

any help would be great

Cheers

Heh yeah I was confused by this also! The Rear SPeakers connect to line in, and the Center and Subwoofer cable goes into the mic. PRetty ****ed up! Then you go to Master Volume, and click advanced, then hit up the two checkboxes :D HAve fun
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

hi
    i tried this and ticked the box's you said but im still getting no joy from the rear speakers. Dunno whats going on now
    Any help would be spanktastic

Cheers

what kind of speakers you use? have you run the speaker setup wizard in the nVidia Nforce Control Panel?

i use the A7N8X deluxe, and i connect to how Xboy describes. make sure your connections are right, maybe go to www.nvidia.com and download the "nvswap" utility. give that a whirl..

sorry but the deluxe is a fair bit different ot the non-deluxe, having Soundstorm, and proper 5.1 support.
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

i got an epox 8rda+, its got soundstorm right? sounds good anyways so i think it does.

i ended up getting the alc 650 codec drivers from realtek and this gave me the option to allow 6 channel

Quote Originally Posted by swinger
    i got an epox 8rda+, its got soundstorm right? sounds good anyways so i think it does.
    nah the 8RDA+ doesnt have SoundStorm. it just has the regular Nforce2 APU (audio processing unit). it doesnt have the proper 5.1 compatability, but it should be able to split it up into 6 channels.

try getting the drivers djvanders suggested, could work.
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

hmmm thats strange, because when i updated my nforce drivers i looked in the start menu and there was soundstorm program under nvidia. gives you that control panel where you can set the equalizer and stuff.

im pretty sure the Nvidia Control Panel is the same for both Soundstorm and the standard APU.

so the 5.1 and other soundstorm stuff just doesnt work? oh yeah. that alc 650 codec driver will give me 6 channel right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information