Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble w/ Audigy gamer install :(

Hello all,

I am having major problems getting my new audigy gamer card intsalled and working properly.Here is abrief synopsis of my system: ASUS P4B mobo w/ Intel 845 chipset
    Pentium4 1.5 gig processor
    Win2k operating system

after installing the card and going to device mannager(cancelling out all the new found hardware promps as they are all unable to be resolved) I have the following devices w/ the yellow question mark: IEEE 1394 Controller
    Multimedia Audio Controller
    PCI Input device
    PCI Simple Communications Controller

I cant seem to find these drivers anywhere on either the Audigy disk, my Win2k disk, or my ASUS mobo disk........I saw the recent article on installing the SB Live! drivers first but those are not built in options for me w/ Win2k :(

would appreciate any help, I'm not a pro so be gentile lol..thnx

Hello, you seem to be new to TT, welcome :D

Ok go to www.creative.com and download the latest drivers off their site. ALWAYS and I mean always get the latest drivers. Added stabability, speed, and bug fixes up the ying-yang compared to dated year or so old drivers. Just select where you live, and grab the drivers that pertain to your card! I wish you the best of luck!
    Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

if i remember correctly P4B has onboard sound. did you disable that sound from your BIOS or device manager? i guess that "Multimedia Audio Controller" is your on-board sound that is conflicting with your sound card.

that IEEE 1394 Controller seems to be firewire port...if you don't use firewire you can disable that hardware.

PCI Simple Communications Controller looks to be your modem. most probably you will have drivers CD with that hardware.

PCI Input Device...sorry but i don't know what that is but i hope someone else will help you out.

last but not the least...welcome to TT :wave:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Wow, i didnt realize i had onboard sound since I had a sound card installed before.But it seems even when i disable that from the device mannager I still get same problems:(
    Thanks for the welcome fellas, seems I have tons to learn lol and this appears to be a good place to start :cheers:

Heh we got a newbie on our hands! :flames: Lol just kidding. Ok BIOS stands for Basic Input Output System, and it POSTS (Power on self test) right when you turn on your computer. That would be all those funky numbers that start going up when you first turn on your computer. It is this screen which you press either Delete or F1 usually to get into the BIOS. Once inside you navigate with the arrow keys, and enter. I don't know exactly where Onboard Audio is but it's under one of those sections that you see. Once you see the Onboard Audio press enter, and disable it. From there press Escape, and when it prompts you to save to the CMOS you do it. Next time your computer starts up it won't even see your old ****ty sound, and hopefully that will take care of the conflict. Keep posting if you need more help. And once again I cannot stress enough the importance of the latest drivers you can d/l online :D
    Box:

Cooling

Operating System:

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

LOL, thanks again X-Boy I'll give that a try.Hey! We have the same sound card:D maybe if I get this freakin thing figured out you can share some vid tweaking secrets

OK I went into the BIOS and was able to find what I think is the onboard sound.However it was disabled allready:(

Heres more specific info for you,taken straight out of my mobo guide.

"Onboard AC97 Audio Controller[auto]
    Onboard AC97 Modem Controller[auto]

[auto] aalows the BIOS to detect wether you are using any modem/audio device.If a modem/audio device is detected,the onboard modem/audio controller is enabled;if no modem/audio device is detected,the controller is disabled.If there are conflicts with the onboard modem/audio controller,set the appropriate field to [Disabled]. "

both were disabled when i went into the BIOS, dont know if this helps at all.

Mokay that's good. Now go to My Computer, and right click on it and select properties. When you are there click on the tab called Hardware, and then click on Device Manager. Scroll down to Sound, Video, and Game Controllers. From there right click on your old soundcards driver and click uninstall. I would recommend that you reboot, and then from there go to www.creative.com and grab the goods :D
    Box:

Cooling

Operating System:

Okee dokee, but one quick newbie question lol...after I do all that, do I then put in new card and re-boot..or re-boot,then shut down and install new card?....sorry for possible idiotic questions, i just dont wantr to mess things up lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information