Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What'z Better?

LCD or CRT?.............

CRT seems to be best ATM, alot cheaper as well, as some LCD's have some ghosting issues in games, and no CRT's have that type of problem. It all really depends on what your needs are.

that the new lcd's haven't a problem w/ghosting due to improved refresh rates?

If you get a quality LCD, you wont get ghosting, just dont go out buying the cheapest you can find though.

20" lcd, so i can get 16x12 rez.......but, it'z my first step in that direction, thought i'd ask..............

if you are very picky about image quality, then you want a CRT. However, for most people, the image quality of recent LCDs are good. A decent LCD will suit you well, not to mention it will eventually pay for itself with the difference in electricity usage.

At this point, I only recomend CRT monitors to people who are in the multimedia field or are concerned about the immediate cost.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

not that i want to think about plunkin' down a big one......but, i'm comin' to the same conclusion :thumb:

LCD's are not bad they save space, and if you are spreadsheet office guy...they you eyes will prolly thank you too.

With gaming i would go with a flat screen CRT. With the money you save atm with the LCD you can use on a bigger CRT. My :2cents:
    - Damien

I switched to LCD's about a year and a half ago. I love them. For gaming or regular activities they do the job, and well.
    For real nit picky gamers they may want to stick with CRT's. Or for the guys who just listen to their buddies or people on the net who swear by CRT's, then they should just stick with them. If they are somebody who goes by what they like and see, an LCD will do it everytime.

Anybody who comes to my house loves my setup and can't believe how nice the LCD's look and perform.

I am not an "anal" gamer and haven't had any issues with ghosting or any other phenomina some people say happen with LCD's. I think for the most part those were issues with older LCD's.
    I also have a top of the line "gamer" Samsung to compare them to, and I would much rather play on my LCD's. I use the 19in on a spare computer. lol
    Now if you buy a Gem, KDT, or any other "Walmart" special, that is what you are going to get.

Chez

It depends on what you play to, for blistering fast fps gaming I would'nt want other than a blistering fast crt. With the ability to handle high res combined with a high refresh rate to save the eyes.

And for something to be double the price tag I want it to perform quite a bit better to, and atm the lcd's just barely keep up so..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information