Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Samsung 240T 24" LCD

Anyone know anything about these? The few reviews I've found look good. Newegg now has these for $2599, they were up around $6000 not long ago. I'm thinking about buying this as a Christmas present for myself. Just imagine playing Half Life 2 on this baby!

wow, i don't know much about them ...but with that price tag, it's a hell of a present :D
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    wow, i don't know much about them ...but with that price tag, it's a hell of a present :D
    - Damien

they look great and all, and at that screen size, you'll get 16x12 rez..........but, at 60 hrz, so refresh rate in games would lag some.........especially comnpared to the crts' that hit 24x18 rez and @ 72 hrz, for around 340 bucks for a 22"........use all that extra cash to upgrade that videocard that won't push squat, let alone hl2........they are bundling hl2 w/ the 9800xt.............now, that would be a combo, for,......gaming :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by JSR
    they look great and all, and at that screen size, you'll get 16x12 rez..........but, at 60 hrz, so refresh rate in games would lag some.........especially comnpared to the crts' that hit 24x18 rez and @ 72 hrz, for around 340 bucks for a 22"........use all that extra cash to upgrade that videocard that won't push squat, let alone hl2........they are bundling hl2 w/ the 9800xt.............now, that would be a combo, for,......gaming :thumb:
    I have a 17" Samsung LCD now which is 60Hz and games look great. I also have a 17" Dell (Sony Trinitron Model) CRT and prefer gaming on my LCD. I had a 20" Apple Cinema Display a couple years ago and loved it. I sold it when I was in need of money and now I'm ready for a big 22" widescreen LCD.

I plan to grab a 9800xt the day they're available. :D Someone on TweakTown said that it isn't the full version of HL2, though. :(

couldn't get the rez i wanted(they max out @10x12), and the lcds look great, but in quick moving fps games they suffer........ps.....i have a better lava lamp avatar than thaT, IF YOU WANT IT

Thread Information