Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do you use for playing media files?

looking for a program that can do everything, play numerous movie formats, mp3s, wmas, etc. Anyone know of one program that can do it all reasonably well?

if you want one to play everything, including Window's proprietary formats :yuc: , you might as well use Windows Media Player with half a dozen codecs.

or you could just get an audio player like foobar2000 and a movie player like Global DiVX. Both are free (foobar2000 is also Open Source) and work quite well.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Windows MediaPlayer 9 beats every other player I've tested, it's often faster & more stable etc.

I shoot/encode/edit/view ALOT of media semi proffesionally on a daily basis. You can't go wrong with that player, their best one yet.. :2cents:

And no you do not need to install a half dozen codecs even if some ppl think so..
    What you do need though is to configure it right to get the most use outta it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    And no you do not need to install a half dozen codecs even if some ppl think so..
    I can think of 2 very common ones off the top of my head (xvid and divx) and I'm not even a media buff by no means. Give me a few minutes and I have no doubt I can come up with a few more.

and then there is quicktime, but that's another proprietary format that (afaik) only quicktime can play :p

I second Windows Media Player 9, though I use Winamp 5 for audio, WMP 9 is the best when it comes to videos

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    I second Windows Media Player 9, though I use Winamp 5 for audio, WMP 9 is the best when it comes to videos
    I agree, audiofiles is the only thing I don't play with WMP9.

"quite well" Isn't always good enough for many ppl including myself. That's a part of the reason why the majority of media creators/editors/viewers don't use software like goofball & glueball to play their media.

hehehe

I personally always use winamp2
    audio and video, does both well enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    I personally always use winamp2
    audio and video, does both well enough for me.
    You oughta try Winamp 5, just out recently, Winamp 2's stability with Winamp 3's style

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    "quite well" Isn't always good enough for many ppl including myself. That's a part of the reason why the majority of media creators/editors/viewers don't use software like goofball & glueball to play their media.

hehehe
    I don't see how taking pop shots is going to help anyone. By 'quite well' I mean they meet all my expections :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information