Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Fi Stereo Systems

well i know....grr..but i cant see many DVD's in the P/Y/K varieties....and damn that system is good, looks cool, but im not sure...maybe buying from melbourne might be better.

If you can, get a real nice set of headphones, and then save up for a component system.... you will thank me... in a year you will think why did I waste my money on this piece.......

OR get a scratch and dent shelf system like you want off ebay for one third the price.............

thats a good idea..
    and if u have some old speakers layin around the place..u could use them(just dont push em )
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

the problem is i dont have anything to plug the headphones into, and no speakers lying around!!! lol
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

My old man is an obsessive audiophile..... and he luuuuurves Pioneer stereo systems and speakers - has never bought anything else :thumb:

check out Crap Converters

they have some pretty good stuff if you know what to look for. My mate picked up a pretty sick pioneer system from there for like $600, 12" 3way *******s. it fully cranks. if you do , look for cones with rubber not foam ;)
    TT Original

Albinus... yea ur old man sounds like he knows his stuff..but once again, they're component systems...lil too expensive to Thoric here, unless he went bit by bit..
    or did what Olie said. But good luck doin that, anything half decent is usually snapped up pretty quick at crap converters

wonder how u'd go lookin up recievers and all on eBay:?:
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

I've been doing a bit of reading on the subject - since I'm planning on getting a new DTS 5.1 system fairly soon

A lot of professional reviewers have good things to say about Sony speakers (don't laugh) in the sub-$1000 catagory - I was kind of surprised to see it myself.

If you'll be listening to music on your system a large portion of the time, try to get floor standing speakers - not satellites, you'll be glad you did.

yeah that's true but be prepared to Pay big $$ for some decent ones. A mate in rocky got himself a $1200+ dollar pair of Mission floorstanders last year(cant remember the model, but could look it up easily) I havent heard them myself as i havent gone back yet, but he loves em. HUGE difference over his old Pioneer(:?: ) stereo
    he has them hooked into a $600 or so JVC reciever....5.1*100w:)

not sure what else he has atm, but knowin him, it'd be pretty decent

well its done now...

went to retravision and put the Kenwood XD-DV55 on layby, $100 down, $549 to go...:( :(

it has a MP3 Decoder...nice little added feature :D :D

thanks a bunch for your ideas guys...:thumb: :thumb:
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information