Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: TFT displays questions!

Im gonna buy a 17" TFT display in the summer and there is a couple of things Id like to know of them.

1) There can be those faulty pixels on the panels, but are most of the (~450($)) panels completely flawless or is there always a few faulty pixel?

2) Can the pixels stop working by themself when the panel gets older?

3) What is the TFT displays lifetime?

:cheers:

Most LCD's dont have fave faulty pixels when bought brand new. Although I know Newegg (Just as an example), requires 10dead pixels upon arrival to your home to get it exchanged. They can be damaged in shipping, thus creating dead pixels

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Although I know Newegg (Just as an example), requires 10 dead pixels upon arrival to your home to get it exchanged. They can be damaged in shipping, thus creating dead pixels
    That really sucks! IMO, if there are even one faulty pixel e.g. glowing red all the time it will be extremely annoying, not to mention if there are more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi_s
    That really sucks! IMO, if there are even one faulty pixel e.g. glowing red all the time it will be extremely annoying, not to mention if there are more of them.
    I agree

Thread Information