Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 17" Monitor Problem!

I have brought a new monitor(SAMSUNG SyncMaster 763MB 17").My current Desktop resolution is 1024x768 32bit at 72Hz.My problem is,whenever I run a game(Its happening with all games) at a resolution lesser than(or greater than) my desktop resolution,the picture is not stretching itself to fit the screen.At a resolution lesser than my desktop's,the game is aligning to the bottom-left part of the screen and black areas are filled as boundaries on top and right parts of the screen and at a resolution higher than my desktop's,the upper right part of the game is being cutoff.I've tried resizing the screen during the game,but its affecting my desktop.
    Please help!
    This problem is forcing me to run my games at my desktop's resolution. I havent faced this problem with my old Microtek 15" monitor.
    My config : P4 2.4c,512 MB DDR 266,GeForce FX 5200 128MB,80 GB HD runnnig Win 98SE and WinXP.

Thanks

Is that monitor bein' detected properly? If not then ya'll need to load the driver for it that should've come with it or d/l it from Samsung's website.

Most likely the driver as Wiggo mentioned, if the correct driver were used you'd be able to run it at 85Hz or higher.

Thanks Guys ! My problem is fixed!

Thread Information