Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.5mm Plug Extension

Hey, I've got an Audigy 1 card connected up to some Z-640 speakers. But I'm getin sick of having to pull out my comp, take out my speaker plugs, puting my headphones in, and putin the comp back, just to use them fro a while.

I heard you can mod Audigy cards by running leads from the card to the front of your comp, so you can have your speakers connected, but when headphones are pluged in at the front, the speakers are effectively cut off, and sound sent to the headphones.

Anyone got some info or an link about it?
    ~AlthonXP T-Bred 2,600 @ 2305mhz~
    ~Epox 8RDA+~
    ~Hercules Radeon 9800XT 256mb~
    ~512 Corsair P3200 @ 6,2,2,2.0~
    ~WD1200JB HDD~
    ~Antec 1080 Plus~

Beefy Guest

Just get a 3.5mm double adapter.

You have to use a relay switch and two other plugs, I read a mod on this awhile ago, I'll try to find the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Just get a 3.5mm double adapter.
    I agree with Beefy, then just turn off ya speakers when you want to use the headphones.

the double adaptor would be easiest, but heres a guide for a little contraption that will do what you want:
    http://www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=214095

My Turtle Beach Santa Cruz's ports are completely configurable. No matter what my speaker config, there is always a port left that I can configure to be a powered headphone jack. Not to mention it retails for 60 bucks, and is configurable through it's SOFTWARE ! I don't have to touch a dang thing, ever.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

This is what I prefer. :)

Thx for the link Andy - but its too advanced for my electronic skills. I think I'll have to test the dbl adapter (Since I already got one).

One problem though - The headphone are Zalman Theater 6 (5.1 channel) so they have 3x3.5mm plug. I'd need 3 double adapters stuck to the back of my audigy :(

If anyone else has a solution, plz post it, thx.
    ~AlthonXP T-Bred 2,600 @ 2305mhz~
    ~Epox 8RDA+~
    ~Hercules Radeon 9800XT 256mb~
    ~512 Corsair P3200 @ 6,2,2,2.0~
    ~WD1200JB HDD~
    ~Antec 1080 Plus~

Beefy Guest

5.1 headphones?!? wow..

Other thought is a 3.5mm switch box, but I don't know if they exist or not. Otherwise, can you connect your 540s by another connection? (SPDIF / optical)?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    the double adaptor would be easiest, but heres a guide for a little contraption that will do what you want:
    http://www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=214095

Ahhhh, thats the site I was talking about. I never ended up finding it, didn't remember it coming from OCAU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information