Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dvd - Rom

Buy the 16x dvd rom you povo *******

:p

Ok, all joking aside, you can pick em up rather cheap these days anyway. I own the Pioneer DVD-106s Slot load 16x DVD/40X CDROM model. (along with 99% of everybody else in the world- these drives are awesome)

I use it for audio ripping, dvd ripping, installing games, reading cds (duh) and well, anything bloody else i can think about doing.

I got the britannica on DVD and its bloody fantastic. Tonnes more content compared to the cd edition and it cost no more than the cd edition.

52x cdrom - $70
    DVD - $130

the extra 60buks was well worth it. Because not only can I read dvd discs, the drive looks fruckin awesome. (slot load)
    audio ripping speed of the dvd drive ive found is much faster and more reliable than the 52x cdrom. Better quality laser I guess.

As for dvd drive speed, well, its the same as comparing a 40x cdrom with a 52x cdrom drive.

Just buy a 16x DVD rom. I got a lite-on DVD-ROM at Best buy last christmas for sbout 75 bucks. It came with PowerDVD 3.0.
    Out of my mind. Be back in five minutes.

i agree with most of what you are saying there..
    ok, so then we agree.. fair enough...

But now look at this, which drive looks sharper??

Pioneer DVD-106s Slot load 16x DVD/40X CDROM on the left, Asus on the right.

Why, the pioneer of course.
    :)

Hee hee....

hmm...
    say no to crack!!

hehee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information