Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Audigy 2 zs platinum and 5.1 non pc speakers

Default Audigy 2 zs platinum and 5.1 non pc speakers

How can I hook up my Audigy 2 with my 5.1 home theater speakers to get digital surround sound? Right now i have it plugged into the front optical out on my card, but its only getting stereo sound. I heard that I might need to get a 4-pole miniplug to rca adapter, but its nearly impossible to find.

Default Re: Audigy 2 zs platinum and 5.1 non pc speakers

i have my A2ZS connected to my denon thru a 1/8 mono to rca adapter thru my monster Coax cable to my coax input on my receiver, works like a charm...but i still use the 6 channel analogue cables to do my gaming etc as the digital seems to only be good for dvds, listening to stereo music etc unless you have it on 5ch stereo or something..but the digital is unable, as far as i can find anyway, to do EAX or anything like that for gaming. i just went down to my local radio shack and picked up the GOLD adapter for $5cdn, the silver one just wont work for some reason...so if you find a silver one..dont bother with it, for some reason it requires the gold one...dunno why..they are EXACTLY the same other than the silver/gold difference. hope this helps ya.

Thread Information