Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: No video signal

Default No video signal

Can anyone help?
    Since yesterday I can not get a video signal from the onboard video, the monitor just stays blank with the orange standby light stays on. I,ve tried a known good working monitor with the same result, then I tried a known good working graphics card with also the same result.

ASROCK K7S41GX
    AMD ATHLON 2400+
    LG 24X10X40 RE-WRITER
    PIONEER 6 DVD RE-WRITER
    MAXTOR 120GB ATA/133 HDD
    512MB 333 DDR PC2700

Default Re: No video signal

This is a common occurance with systems that have been overclocked to a point where the system cannot function. While this may or may not be the cause of your problem, the first thing I would try is to reset the CMOS settings to default to see if it takes care of the problem.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thanks for your reply Darthtanion, I've reset the cmos but the problem is still there. The PC does not even post, could it be a faulty processor?

Could be one of several problems. Does your system usually give you a BEEP when it boots up? If so, does it still do this? This is generally the memory test portion of POST so that would be the place to start your troubleshooting.

To continue on with this process, it would be really helpful if you have another machine that is similar and is also working properly. If you can pull this off, you can swap out components one at a time into the working system and see where it hacks up the hairball, and this will most likely be the problem.
    My Toys

The system usually give a beep when it boots up, but has stopped doing this. I will check the memory tomorrow and let you know how I got on.
    Thanks for your time.

I have replaced the memory with a good known working one, and still have the same problem.

OK, double check and even triple check to make sure all installed components are FIRMLY SEATED in their respective slots/ports/sockets, whatever they reside in. Memory and processor are two main components that can cause this problem if they aren't installed properly. I have had a processor before sitting in the socket and a heatsink installed but the processor was not fully seated and the system just sat there during bootup.

If all parts are installed properly and you're still not getting the memory test beep, then I'd probably see about having the mainboard tested for serviceability. If it used to beep and doesn't anymore, this tends to indicate the board has fried in some manner.
    My Toys

I have tried the processor in another PC and that PC did exactly the same as mine. I have replaced the cpu, and now everything is ok.
    Thanks for your help and advice Darthtanion

Thread Information