Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Refresh rate problems

Default Refresh rate problems

Hey guys!
    I'm new to this forum and to the tweaking/OCing/hardware-knowing world. I read some tweaking guides and started playing a bit with my settings. I began playing with my refresh rate. I pumped it up to 85 Hz (my monitor's maximum), everything looked fine on windows but when I tried running Morrowind the screen got all scrwed up and it said that input values were too great. So I got my refresh rate back to 60 Hz and rebooted but I keep having problems running Morrowind.

Default Re: Refresh rate problems

Many games and even the monitor's drivers can "remember" settings, even if you change the default values through the video board driver. Depending on the video board you're running, you can likely find a utility to force the refresh rate for all programs to a certain value. If you choose something in the 72-75Hz range, you should keep headaches to a minimum and still be able to play your games at higher resolutions.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information