Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: need help: no sound/ bad sound from Leadtek TV2000XP expert TV tuner card

Default need help: no sound/ bad sound from Leadtek TV2000XP expert TV tuner card

I just bought a Leadtek TV2000XP Expert TV tuner card (VER. D and PCB ASSY REV A.) After installation and update of the driver and PVR program, this card provided good Picture quality. However, there is NO sound for FM radio and the sound for TV is very bad. I had made sure the Audio output from this TV tuner card was connected to on-board AUX or CD-in on the Motherboard (Asus A7V266E/AA, C-Media 8738 audio chip), but still no help. I am running WinXp SP 2 with DirectX 9C. Anybody had experiece and hint on this issue?

Thank you!

Default Re: need help: no sound/ bad sound from Leadtek TV2000XP expert TV tuner card

And one would assume that you've checked the correct radio buttons on the "record" tab of your sound conrol panel?
    AMD XP 2600+
    SOYO Dragon 400
    1 gig 3200 DDR
    Phillips CD/RW
    Pioneer DVD -/+ RW
    2-60 gig HD in RAID, 1 60 gig backup
    XP Pro

Default Re: need help: no sound/ bad sound from Leadtek TV2000XP expert TV tuner card

Quote Originally Posted by kgburns
    And one would assume that you've checked the correct radio buttons on the "record" tab of your sound conrol panel?
    Hi, kgburns, do you mean the "record" tab of the Volume control in the Window system or the Audio setting in the PVR program? I did the setting in PVR program, but didn't check the buttons on the record tab of the Volume control. I had assumed the PVR program would adjust those settings because there are "Audio-Out Control Line" and "Audio Recording Line" setting in the PVR configuration. If PVR didn't do the job, I think the Recording Control is still in the default setting - i.e. microphone. I will change it to CD player or AUX and have a try this evening. Hopefully this problem is because of improper setting instead of hardware failures.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by mingxuan2004; 12-21-2004 at 02:02 AM.

Thread Information