Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Radeon SLI

Question Radeon SLI

hey all i got a question does anyone know if the Radeon PCI-E vid cards will support SLI such as on the Asus A8V Deluxe SLI mobo? just wondering thanx

Default Re: Radeon SLI

I havent heard anything reciently but they should be out by the end of the year or they will loose even more market share than they already are. I'd still stick with nVidia at this point though ;)
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

The Radeon line has had a hard road with regards to SLI, but I have heard that DFI has put together a mainboard that can handle this task. Reseacrh it, though, since I don't recall where I heard the scoop so can't give you any links to verify the info.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Radeon cards will not support SLI, period. ATI is coming out with its own form of SLI by a different name, but the currently-available cards will not be able to support SLI, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    Radeon cards will not support SLI, period. ATI is coming out with its own form of SLI by a different name, but the currently-available cards will not be able to support SLI, ever.
    Yawgm0th is 100% correct
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

ATI's version of SLI will be called "Crossfire" if they ever get it to market! It aapears as though they're having problems with it.

It's working and will hit be available soon, but I can't see it being of any use until ATI net generation of cards come out. Maybe some fanboys will insist on running dual X850XT or X800XTs but nVidia's 7800GTX will outperform them and SLIed 6800Us. There just aren't very many situations in which either technology is useful right now.

Thread Information