Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: whats the diff between vid cards

Default whats the diff between vid cards

k I just went to newegg.com and i did a search for the 6800 ultra and it showed me 3 one my eVGA, gigabyte, and leadtek i looked over the specs of them and did not see a difference. aside from who made it. yet there is a $150 price spread. could who made it affect the price that much if the rest of the card is the same?

Default Re: whats the diff between vid cards

Are you sure they were all the same bus type (PCIe or AGP) and the memory could be different on the cards to.
    Athlon XP 1800+ DUT3C 1.53ghz @ 166*11.5=1.91ghz | Chaintech Apogee 7VJL | 2x256mb DDR333 PC-2700 | Powercolor Radeon 9600Pro 128mb EZ 400/400 | Lite-on 52x24x52 | Pioneer 108 DVD-RW 16x Dual Layer Dual Format | Xbox USB Modded Controller

The packages. Some cards come with multiple games that retail over $40 (at one point, I remember eVGA shipped certain cards with FarCry and Doom 3).

Also, the type of card matters. An AGP 6600GT is more expensive than a PCI-E 6600GT, but a PCI-E 6800U is more expensive than an AGP 6800U.

as far as i could tell the only diff between the cards was who made it and they were all 6800 ultras

Then you didn't look at any of the different criteria I just said...

Thread Information