Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: STUTTERING Sound?! When typing?!

Angry STUTTERING Sound?! When typing?!

Hi all,

My pc has some serious issues dudes.. for months now no problems and its back again i installed Google Earth and had no problems afterwards. but now after a reboot i've had sound problems this first occured after formatting and upgrading service packs from 1 to service pack two i cant remember quite, i've tried driver updates i've tried removing the audio device Its an ONBOARD soundcard btw and i dont have any free pci slots!!! which sucks i only have 3. and they are all used up. one stupidly damn built-in modem, i know you guys are gonna be like dont buy a manfacturers pc but u know why i did!...

So now when i type while any music is playing which you really always have music playing my sound stutters like it makes it play slow and when i stop back to normal speed... this also causes my usb modem to lose sync... and its getting ****ing anoying

Please help

Info; SiS 7012 Mobo. afaik.
    soundcard Yamaha AC-XD Audio Device

info from csystem in control panel.

thanks in advance and please help!

Thumbs up Re: STUTTERING Sound?! When typing?!

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="3">This solution was originally posted in the WINAMP forum relating to pops, snaps and general crackling when typing and listening to music and worked perfect for me. found it myself on tweaktown global forum. It was happening when listening to ANY sound+typing. I also have an integrated souncard using the latest drivers etc.

-----
    1. Go to your Device Manager.

2. Just below your computer name you should see the "Computer" listing. (1st on the list)

3. Double-Click it to expand the selection.

4. You should see a line there that says "ACPI uniprocessor pc" or "Normal PC"

5. Double-click the line and go to the Driver tab.

6. Click "Update Driver" and click "No" so XP doesn't interfere with what we are doing.

7. Now Click on the "Advanced" then "Next" then "Don't search I will choose a driver to install" hit "Next".

8. At this point you should see a few different drivers you can load. the driver you need to choose is "advanced configuration and power interface (ACPI) pc".

9. Load that driver and XP will prompt you to reboot.

10. Once you have rebooted it might ask you to reboot again. Go ahead and do it.

11. Go back and check in Device Manager that the line "advanced configuration and power interface (ACPI) pc" is present under the Computer header.

12. bet you won't have ANY keyboard skipping problems.

-----
    Special thanks goes out to shanecrow98 of the winamp forum, and Kaewan from TweakTown forum.

Cheers,
    Brandoukov

</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3"></td></tr></tbody> </table>

Thread Information