Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Which 19" LCD?

Default Which 19" LCD?

I'm looking for a decent 19" LCD for around $300US. How is the Rosewill? It's like $270 with an 8ms response 500:1 contrast and 270cd/m2 brightness. Another one I was looking at was a Fuji for I think $290, 12ms response and 600:1 contrast and 250cd/m2 brightness.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Which 19" LCD?

I would go for the one with the lowest response time that meets your criteria and price range. And always check the reviews.

I got a enviosion 19' for 300 including tax and everything, and it isn't bad, the only downside is 16ms response time. I think the Fuji would be nice, since the response is 12 which is decent and the contrast is decent too compared to 500:1.

The Samsung 915n is right up there with many of the more expensive monitors and is available from Newegg for just a tad under $300 after rebates. You might be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.

I've also read some great reviews for the NU 921G, but it has a really high response time. IMO a subjective analysis can tell you much more than a response time, because manufacturers take quite a bit of liberty when it comes to labeling response time, so 12ms to one company might mean 20ms to another.

Personally, if I were looking for a sub-$300 19'' LCD, I'd probably get that Samsung. The reviews I've read speak highly of it, as do the 460 (at the time of posting) user reviews at Newegg.

Something to consider... the Nu unit Yawg mentioned above has a digital interface, the Samsung has only Analog. There really is a difference if you have a video board that is capable of DVI output. If not, then get the Samsung model as they have a very solid reputation in the LCD display market.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

What exactly are you using the LCD for? Some are great for gaming, but really suck for other things.

I just need a monitor that isn't going to take up half my desk space since I also have my laptop adjacent to it. I also want a bigger screen and something that can mount on a wall. Right now I use a 10 year old 17" Dell herniatron. Anything will be an upgrade. The only gaming I do is Guild Wars and Battlefield Vietnam. Some BF2 here and there and that's about it, all the computer is for is show and some games and a little dvd editing. I know anything with a 12ms response and a good contrast ratio is going to give me good gameplay. I decided to go with the Rosewill 19" 8ms. It has good reviews and the best contrast ratio and best brightness for the price range ($282 after shipping). It also has DVI and no speakers to get in the way. Plus I have a 3 year manufacturers warranty.

I haven't used Rosewill before... make sure to let us know how it works for you. I have a Priceton 19" w/ DVI and I've been very happy with it.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Ok, well I've been using the Rosewill 19" 8ms for about a week now. Good old newegg always ships their stuff out fast. So here's my story: Hook up the monitor the day it comes only to find out they don't ship with a DVI cable. So to this point now I've been using the analog interface, which isn't a real killer for me. A DVI cable would have been useful to add in their package though...since that's mainly why I chose it. Other than that the monitor is really nice. No ghosting, no lagging and a very bright, high contrast picture quality. The anti-glare plastic cover is also real nice since I get a lot of light in my room. It's not wobbly at all and takes up very little space. I can't go past 75Hz for my refresh even though it says it can handle 85Hz in analog. Also not a biggie. 70Hz is clearer to read anyways. Now that I've had it for about a week out of nowhere I have a dead pixel. Just one. It's eye level to so it's really pissing me off because that's all I see. So far their support has been pretty lousy. You can't actually call them and talk to someone. You're supposed to email them or leave a message for them. So I'm guessing it's going to be a while before I see some progress on the RMA since I can't do it through Newegg.

In conclusion, I will give this monitor a 4/5 (eggs).

Pros: Excellent quality and great for a budget. Light, thin, and sturdy. Awesome for movies and games. 3 year warranty.

Cons: Slow support, not shipped with a DVI cable, doesn't support over 75Hz in analog. And the white spot is making me so mad. It had to be at eye level... I guess it's back to my 17" Herniatron for a few weeks until this mofocker gets fixed...assuming they'll take it back on 1 bad pixel.

Ok, well the pixel fixed itself. 5/5! huzzah!

Thread Information