Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sapphire X850XT PE performance

Default Sapphire X850XT PE performance

I got this card installed in my system and water cooled, but I don't think it's really performing as well as it should be... My 3dmark05 score (with default settings) was around 5 or 6 thousand. Which I don't think is very good, at least not for this card. Maybe, I'm wrong, I plan on researching it. But it really didn't get that many fps (15-30) during the tests. Should it be performing better than this?

Default Re: Sapphire X850XT PE performance

Without information about the rest of your system, it is impossible to make a determination whether your scores are on track or not. After all, the fastest video board on the market won't do squat if you're trying to run in an old HP.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yeah, 5 or 6 thousand in 05 is good. But knowing you system specs would be good too.

DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR
    AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 (San Diego Core)
    2x OCZ 512 MB PC4000 DDR 500 Enhanced Latency Dual Channel
    Sapphire ATI Radeon X850 XT PE
    74 GB Western Digital Raptor (10000 RPM)

The CPU, GPU and Chipset are watercooled with a MCP650 Pump.

http://members.cox.net/bobby74213/pc%20front.jpg
    http://members.cox.net/bobby74213/pc%20side.jpg

I've been gradually overclocking and running 3dmark after each gradual increase. Here's the results so far:

Also, I ran the torture test in Prime95 and didn't get an error until 9 hours 3 minutes. Should I not be getting any errors at all or is 9 hours good enough?

I wish my parents gave me that kind of money. Your scores are fine. 3dMark05 rarely gives a higher score. My system isn't quite what yours is and I score around 2k~ish. Play a game instead. 3D mark isn't that great for testing real gameplay since it's all pre-defined. You'll find, most likely, that your gameplay is excellent and running at nice high framerates, but your scores might suck in benchmarking. I may be wrong about the scores regularly being low, but that's what I remember so please anyone correct me without flaming if I am. Compare your scores to others online and see what results you find.

You probably need to do some moderate to heavy tweaking in Windows too. XP loves to take up good resources for stupid things.

You should never get errors. If you do, something is wrong,

It's probably all the overclocking I've done. I'm somewhat new to oc'ing and there's some things I don't really understand and am in the process of researching such as LDT (don't know what that is). And also the ram: in the memory tab of CPU-Z it says 2-3-3-8, but in the spd tab it says 2.5-4-4-10.

Know any good sites that have oc'ing tips for this mobo? Or any input in general would be appreciated.

Hmmm... I'm thinking your scores should be just a little higher. I recently tested a Sapphire brand X850XT PE in AGP flavor and scored 6457 at default video board speeds and over 6800 with the graphics board overclocked. The test system is the first one listed in my sig (FX-53 w/ 2x 512MB Mushkin memory and a Swiftech water cooler in place). You might try playing with the memory a little bit and see if you can get some more aggressive timings as this can make a difference in benchmarking. I don't recall the chips used on those modules, but many of the OCZ branded memory modules can handle higher voltages; something that your motherboard is reknowned for. Just research the memory first and use some sort of active cooling for the memory is you crank up the voltage very high.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Would using the second PCI-E slot cause the performance to drop?

I'm not sure if using the second PCI-E slot would do that, but there is definitely something amiss somewhere. With a 3700+ San Diego at stock speeds I am getting 6400 on 3D Mark 05. And that is with 2-3-3-8-T1 memory timings. Make sure you shut down as many background programs when benchmarking as possible. I say chech memory timings and update drivers.

Is that OCZ VX ram? If so do you cool it? If not, that may explain your error.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information