Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dell Dimension 2350

Default Dell Dimension 2350

Hi I have a dell dimension 2350 and I want to install a Radeon 9250 on to it. But the problem is that I dont know how to disable the build in graphic card. Could someone help me

Default Re: Dell Dimension 2350

You need to go into the BIOS and disable it there. Your options are very limited with an OEM BIOS, but it should allow you to kill the onboard graphics so you can use an add-on board.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

3. Default Re: Dell Dimension 2350

Yeah, I've got a 2400. The easiest way I disabled the onboard graphics was to reinstall windows and then install the drivers for the new graphics card. If not, it wants to install the old graphics upon startup. I hope you already knew that it only has pci slots - no agp / pcie. The pci slots are a little strange. I had to trim the bottom of my sound card to get to fit (it was the metal plate that is exposed on the outside - not the actual chip). I hope yours fits.

mine fits.. but the thing is that when i went into my BIOS under advance it didnt give me that option to disable it.

Also I tried reinstalling, but it didnt work cause it still found the build in graphic card.

could you possibly give me the stpes I should follow if i want to disable it ?

thank you
    Last edited by rudi23; 12-31-2005 at 11:11 AM.

ok.. so i put in it.. but when i restarted and go to my BIOS.. under advance... i dont see where ican disable it...

Try installing it, then when you boot up into windows, go to:

start/control panel/system/hardware/device manager/display adapters

see what is listed there. you should be able to disable the onboard adapter and with any luck the PCI adapter will enable. If that doesn't work and your display won't come on when you boot into windows, you can repair it by starting in safe mode and then reenableing the onboard display adapter in device manager.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

7. Default Re: Dell Dimension 2350

That might work for other computers, but not this dell. I have done that, but as soon as I refresh the list, it immediately comes back. Even if it is disabled, it still prompts you to reinstall the driver.

Man, I sure hate Dell PCs. They should be gathered up and melted down for scrap. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

So I turn off my comp and installed the ATI graphic card.. restrated... the computer detects the ATI card no problem.. then i go disable my build in graphic card. After that I restart and when i boot up the screen is all messed up. THe graphic lacks colour... but when i go to setting from the destop, I see i have 2 screen activated and they are both ATI graphic card. When I plug my cable into the ATI card slot(where it goes from the card to the screen) it doesnt work.

Help ??

Are you trying to change monitor connections while the computer is running? Do not do that! Before you installed the new card your best course of action would prolly be to uninstall the onboard video then shut down - install the new card - switch monitor input to new card and restart. "Hot swapping" any connection (except USB) is not generally a good idea and can cause damage to your components.
    Last edited by PrairieDawg; 01-05-2006 at 08:07 AM.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information