Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: NASCAR SimRacing virtual memory help

Cool NASCAR SimRacing virtual memory help

I have tried everything to get my Nascar game to run correctly. It will install the game in full but doesn't play. Here's what my computer has:
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 1
    Manufactured by Compaq Presario
    AMD AthlonXP 2400+
    2.00 GHz
    480 MB of RAM

When I first installed the game I got an error saying "insufficient disk swap space or virtual memory detected. A minimum of 150 swap space is required."

What do I need to run my game?? I tried looking up how to get virtual memory and disk swap space and another forum told me to defragment my computer and change the VM settings and it either didn't work or I didn't do it correctly. Please help me!! Maybe I need a better video card?? Please respond with any and all suggestions! Thanks!

Default Re: NASCAR SimRacing virtual memory help

Start > Control Panel > System
    Click the "Advanced" tab
    Click "Settings" under "Performance"
    Click the "Advanced" tab
    Click "Change" under "Virtual Memory"
    Select the "Custom size" bullet with the highlight section on "C:"
    Set the "Initial Size" to 1024MB and the "Maximum Size" to 2048MB.
    Try playing the game again. If it still doesn't work, post more information about the computer. The model number and the video card it's using are needed.

I did what you said and it didn't help. I think it might have made it worse but not sure. I looked around the computer for info on the graphics card and all I found was:

System Configuration
    S3 Prosavage DDR BIOS Version 78.63.00.09
    System Memory 512 MB Video Memory 32 MB

I am not using an "after-market" graphics card so do I need one? They seemed pretty expensive and I didn't want to buy it if I didn't need to but if i do, what size do I need? Thanks for your help I am lost on this subject! Thanks again

Onboard 32MB S3 video isn't enough for pretty much any modern games. The error message doesn't indicate that the video is the problem. Accoding to the games requirements, a 32MB card is the minimum you can use. I wouldn't want to try playing it with that. If you're going to upgrade it, I'll need to know what model number Compaq it is.

Thread Information