Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Dell Inspiron 600M Laptop

Default Dell Inspiron 600M Laptop

This computer was struck by lightening and sent back to Dell for repairs. The problem was the monitor had vertical lines about 1/8th inch apart. Dell repaired the computer, under warranty and sent it back, on the 3rd bootup the problem returned. Dell now wants an exhorbatant price to repair again.

I connected a desktop monitor to the system and both monitors are showing the same thing. Is this a video card problem? Is the video card replaceable?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Dell Inspiron 600M Laptop

U could try and update the video card drivers from dell's website as it sounds like its a video card problem. Also if the computer is still under warranty and there is something wrong dell has to fix it. Call them up and ask to speak to a supervisor right away, dont get stuck dealing with the regular idiots.

Default Re: Dell Inspiron 600M Laptop

I agree, I would call Dell up and go up the ladder until you are satisfied. It does sound like a video card problem to me, possibly even a cable/connector issue.

Since the 600M does not come with integrated graphics, they should be replaceable without much problem. I just upgraded my XPS2s 6800U to the 7800GTX and it was almost as easy as a desktop, just quite a bit more screws.

Thread Information