Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Computer hardware System Requirements

Default Computer hardware System Requirements

I'm considering an upgrade from Adobe Premiere Elements (APE) 1.0 to version 2.0. Below are the System Requirements for APE 2.0. I got these directly from Adobe.com

Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 "System Requirements:

Intel® Pentium® 4, M, D, or Extreme Edition or AMD Opteron or Athlon 64 (SSE2 support required)
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional, Home Edition, or Media Center Edition with Service Pack 2
    256MB of RAM
    4GB of available hard-disk space
    DVD-ROM drive (compatible DVD burner required to burn DVDs)
    1,024x768 16-bit XGA display
    Microsoft DirectX 9 compatible sound and display drivers
    DV/i.LINK/FireWire/IEEE 1394 interface to connect a Digital 8 or DV camcorder, or a USB2 interface to connect a DV-via-USB-compatible DV camcorder (other video devices supported via the Media Downloader)

I understand most of the requirements, but the two requirements that I highlighted with blue text elude me.

I simply don't know how to determine if my computer meets these requirements. Could someone please tell me how I would know this?

Default Re: Computer hardware System Requirements

XGA is an older graphics technology than VGA. As long as your video board is even close to modern and can handle a 1024x786 resolution at 16-bit color depth, then you're fine. If you have doubts in this area, then right-click the desktop, choose "Properties" and click the last tab "Settings". See if you can choose the settings noted above. If so, then you should be fine as Windows automatically removes any settings in this tab that are not supported by either the hardware or the driver.

As for the DirectX 9 compatible drivers, most current drivers nowadays are already set to this level of compatibility. Click START --> Run and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes). This is the DirectX diagnostic utility and should indicate whether the drivers are compatible with your goals.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information