Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: X-FI / HEADSET - help and prob's

Default X-FI / HEADSET - help and prob's

Hi all , could some1 help me out hear.

im looking to buy a headset to plug into my soundcard x-fi fatilty or the speakers t7900 7.1 (the volume control device which hangs out of the speakers , it has 2 wholes on it mic/earphones ). also theres only 1 whole left in the back of the soundcard due to the fact my spears have taking up 3 . the front panel of the x-fi has line in mic 2 and earphone wholes but r larger than plugs from old headset.

hee hee im a totaly noob when it comes to these things , as im just a simple gamer who only users the computer for games. so im looking for some ideas on which headset to get , and how to go about it to getting them working. as i want to disable my onboard sound ( which i have be using with my old (now bust) headset)and use my soundcard for all the sounds which come out of the computer. if this is possible , hell i hope it is cos the soundcard cost $$$'s. you know game sounds form speakers and voice from teamspeak from my headset.

dont want a usb 1 cos im told they use cpu power. need all the cpu power i got cos im playing bf2.

i did try the creative forums but sadly no1 seems to know jack there , and there r many posters asking the same kind of thing , but no1 ever replys.

ok wise ones , lets have it :) sure some1 here will know the score

Default Re: X-FI / HEADSET - help and prob's

Well, if your post was understandable and used some proper English, you may get some better answers. Anyhow, just disable the onboard, get the new headphones and if they have the standard sized plug just go to Radio Shack or whatever your nearest local retailer is and get a convertor for it.

Ya, you might get shure headphones, they are fantastic; a little pricey but worth it. go to http://www.shure.com
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

I like my Senns, they are among the best, but $$$. Deals can be found if you shop around.

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm.nsf

The Bose Tri-ports suk and are a waste of $$.

Sennheiser's are a great choice...just pricey..

well i got a logitech mic 3.5mm and a pair of earphone 3.5mm , plugged them into my xf-i , and im having tons of problems.

seems like this 200 soundcard cant handle speakers , earphones and mic :(

well it can just not the way gamers will want it to , all sounds come out of the earphones and speakers and theres no way around it . so you cant hear you buddys talking on teamspeak/skpe etc.. without hearing all the gun fire and explosion's coming from bf2 :(

so unless any1 knows a way round this , il have to enable my onboard soundcard again , and hook up my mic/headphones via that. and slow up the computer and make it ctd now and again :( due to xf-i dont realy like onboard sound be enabled.

As far as I know, you can't choose different audio feeds without having the headphones plugged into a port entirely different from the speakers, on the soundcard itself.

I think the card is so good headphones dont matter so much ;) I have used plenty of headphones with my Fat card and all very simlar, depends on how picky you are.

Thread Information