Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro External I/O

Default Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro External I/O

Working like crazy on my PC trying to get it all resolved. Current problem is with the stereo line in on my external i/o box. I've got a steady hum when I unmute it from the panel, even with nothing plugged into it. Nothing else has this problem. I'm pretty pissed since I just got a Yamaha P250 to record with and now this problem is showing up. So unless you guys know how to fix that problem, does anyone know where I could purchase just the external i/o box? I've googled and e-mailed Creative (they're screwing me over by telling me it's too old for support), but can't find anything. Thought that you guys might have some connections.

Default Re: Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro External I/O

Stupid question, but did you double check the connections to the soundcard? I have the same setup and it doesn't hum, so if all your connections are good, there is definitely a problem. As for buying the external box seperate, try Ebay. That's about the only place I can think of off hand to find one.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Stupid question...STUPID QUESTION?! You better believe it was! Nah, just messin. The conex are always the best (and first) place you should check. Did that the other day when I was cleaning my case. I air blasted the hard to reach stuff and all the PCI/AGP slots, so all was good there.

I feel kind of embarrassed to say that I found the problem, and what makes it worse is that I had the same one before, but I guess I was having a brain fart. The I/O box was sitting on top of my Thermaltake Xaser II case - rogue frequency hell. For all those wondering - never put any wireless or sound equipment near your case, printer, or monitor! The frequencies will screw with sound cables, instrument pickups, and anything else that's sensitive and un-sheilded. I had the same problem with my Logitech optical wireless a few years back - the base was on top of the case and made the mouse spaz out on me.

Anyways, I thought I'd sheepishly reply. I came back to delete the post and found someone had already replied. Sorry, I know I look more like a noob now...heh.

LOL! A real man doesn't delete his post, he posts the cause and how to fix it. A noob tucks tail and runs. Glad it is fixed!
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Thread Information